Time for a revolution!!!

barney10 said:
aphex said:
your wrong. why have they become so prominent then?

They haven't in reality. There overall percentage of votes cast is still relatively low, they are benefiting from the worn down apathy of an electorate so disgusted with Parliament.

They and there shortsighted hate filled politics are not the answer to this nations ill's the British public have consistantly stood against there Fascist predecessors and will do so again.

which is my point. they got on question time, an outlet for the 3 major parties.

i'm not a voter of the BNP but my point has been proven by their prominence.

aphex said:
im not arguing that they havent become prominent im arguing that theres nothing revolutionary about them or voting for them.

lets look at nick griffin:
private school and cambridge educated landowner
never done a days work in his life - straight from education into politics
father was prominent member of the conservative party and high ranking mason

if a revolution can be said to be the violent overthrow of the state and the way it is ordered then nick griffin is an odd choice to head that revolution considering he couldn't be more establishment if he was fucking the queen.

also of course you could argue that no vote is ever revolutionary. since the mere act of voting is a validation of the system and a revolution is supposed to be the rejection of that very same system.

DirtyEddie said:
aphex said:
im not arguing that they havent become prominent im arguing that theres nothing revolutionary about them or voting for them.

if a revolution can be said to be the violent overthrow of the state and the way it is ordered then nick griffin is an odd choice to head that revolution considering he couldn't be more establishment if he was fucking the queen.

also of course you could argue that no vote is ever revolutionary. since the mere act of voting is a validation of the system and a revolution is supposed to be the rejection of that very same system.
DirtyEddie said:
A cogent argument....i like the cut of your jib.

The only chance of a genuine revolution would come from the shopfloor (missed their chance decades ago) or the fields (farmers now well in the pocket of Dave and his crew).

All you plumbers/builders/plasterers desperately trying to join the middle classes have well and truly blown it. Who you going to cry to when house prices drop ??

Let them eat plasma's :-)

the idea of democracy on the surface is'nt a bad one but it is a system born to give the richest the biggest advantage, especially in todays capitalist and consumerist culture that we all love and loathe. so thats what we see today, a system created by and maintained by the rich elite for the rich elite and one that the vast majority of people could'nt care less for.

and it's for this reason that i doubt very very much that we will ever see a revolution, that and it would be extremely violently put down (military industrial complex) we may well get annoyed and woman and moan about one scandal after another but deep down we know what is going on but are so far in denial to address the problem would give us such a head ache, it is corrupt from head to toe and the only people who truly want for the publics best interests will be vetted out and marginalised early in their careers to make sure they are not able to hold any significant influence on the nation.

all of this is why we see the politics of the gravy train, that and the corrupt system that rewards inneptitude and corruption. it is rife in ALL major parties and will quickly envelope any lower parties that gain any popular support (and quite probably already do via its funding)

like someone said earlier nick griffin is as establishment as they get, and lets not forget that the establishment are all old money and dynastic which profited greatly from areas such as the slave trade so the REAL establishment would probably love him in power. the power they are gaining though is purely off of the back of the immigration policy over the last 15 or so years, whenever i see their supporters on the news being interviewed the only topic is immigration and taking care of indigenous people of this country which i guess is fair enough but some are certainly more eloquent than others. the bnp is a scare tactic and nothing more to almost put the blame on us for them becoming popular. "if you don't vote blue or red then look who'll be in power, the nasty racists. is that what you want britain?"
almost like punching a person over and over and then blaming them for not liking you with a threat of "well if you dont like me then look who else will punch you instead" cue the bigger thug

but i digress, revolution huh? not a chance.

p.s. i digress some more and completely off topic but the strictly come dancing mention reminded me. i have a theory that the idiots of this world have been outbreeding the rich/well heeled/nobility of this world for so long that they are out of control and disease and war are great ways of decreasing such numbers. perhaps not the most popular view ever but anyone else think that shows like strictly/x factor/i'm a celebrity are some kind of social barometer as to the spread or elimination of diseases such as aids, cancer and so on. perhaps when people stop watching all this intellectual horse shit we might not be so worth killing

ok, spleen vented

DirtyEddie said:
aphex said:

Davy, sign him up. Davy, Davy, sign him up.

-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am --

If revolution does come, it will be a long time from now. Hundreds of years perhaps. The only way I see it happening is after the bourgeoisie has been chased over the entire surface of the globe and is nestle[d] everywhere. At the moment globalisation is meaning that although real wages for the vast majority have not risen since 1979, you can buy more stuff with it. Everyone can afford to have several tellys and several computers, mobile phones etc. It gives the illusion of growing affluence at a time when inequalities are at their highest for decades. Second problem, directly related, is Moore's law. Technology also gets better and better. So not only can you buy more tellys but they are HD tellys, faster and better computers, and smartphones. The second problem is always going to be here to some extent but is now hitting physical barriers which might slow down technological advances in the home to a small degree. The first one though, what happens when everywhere is globalised? Are they going to outsource to Mars? Ironically, eventually capitalism will create a situation where there are few wage disparities save those between the worldwide bourgeoisie and the worldwide proletariat. Wages will have risen in the developing world and fallen in the developed world. Capital will have no bargaining power left. Then, finally, the proletariat might be able to force their hand. Maybe even revolt altogether. There are still plenty of reasons why it won't happen but that is the only situation where I can see it happening.

mp's can do whatever they want whenever they want. Sex scandals, arms dealing, bribing and expense scandals. If these are the scandals which they have been caught, imagine how bad the ones which no-one knows about are.

DirtyEddie said:
aphex said:

good points. but my argument is not that it's revolutionary to vote for the BNP, just that the very essence of their prominence show's the margins in the voting public is changing.

maybe not a revolution but a change all the same eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.