Time to think straight

hilts

After reading thread upon thread over the last few months and seeing the performances on the pitch it is obvious to anybody that we are in a right mess. The problem is with the squad of players we have we are not good enough to take us into the top six, then when you throw in players seeing their arse for not playing, players thinking that they are going to be disposed of in january no matter what and a list of injuries(fake or real) and stories of internal problems it's no wonder we are in the bottom three.

Imagine if we got a new manager tomorrow and he read this forum from the last few months and our opinions of our players :- dunne - error prone, richards - error prone bit of a big time charlie, both left backs not good enough, elano - inconsistent see's his arse, hamann - lost his legs, robinho - class but only at home, johnson - shopping, drinking, thinks he's made it etc.., benjani - crap, vassell - crap, jo - crap, evans - too young, sturridge too young etc...
i could go on

Being a manager of city at this time is probably one of the hardest jobs in football because we have all this money, not been able to spend it and when we can due to the problems it has caused nobody decent will want to come. If we keep hughes or not people are gonna have to accept this is gonna take a long time to sort out and hang in there.

Some of the the threads today with people just slagging each other off are pointless.

I disagree that we have a squad incapable of sustaining a challenge for the top 6.

Not this season mind, we've cocked that opportunity up big time.

The squad we have is capable of far better than 18 points from 18 games.

But so what and who cares?

They are not pulling together , lack self belief , lack motivation , lack confidence in their own ability and the ability of their teammates to win games of football.

Today was poor once again for effort, commitment , skill and once again we deserved to lose against a side who will likely finish in the bottom three this season even though a couple of school boy errors were behind the two goals conceded.

The first was just plain and simple poor formation leaving us open for a sucker punch on the break and the second was poor coomunication between defenders and the goal keeper who given the circumstances had ample time to punch the ball out of harms way but these things happen when you lack confidence and expect others will do the work for you.

Any side in a confident mood no matter how much quality individual players have no how to run down the clock and while I don't think we deserved a point from this game once we got the equaliser we should have a least closed the game out.

No side in the premiership at present is more vunerable to a bit of pressure than we are where basic errors in man marking are costing us point after point.

Clearly things are not well amongst the playing group at present and whether a new face at the helm can help restore some confidence and improve results is unknown.

I am disappointed in our playing group as a whole , disappointed in many individuals this season in the standard of play they are prepared to accept , disappointed in our management team and am resigned to the belief that this season will be nothing short of massive struggle to keep our premiership status which at the moment very few of our playing group demonstrate on match day are up for that task.

I was not expecting us the challenge for a top six spot this season but I was expecting us to be in a comfortable position in the table by Christmas.

I don't think talk of potential or what this playing group are capable of doing serves much purpose other than to remind us of how poor we are performing and have done for over a season now.

Hughes has to take responsibilty for this and January transfers no matter the quality of new player is no guarantee of a get of jail free card for him or his replacement should he be replaced.

Its doesn't matter how good your playing group is , if they are not up for the battle on match days you will find yourself down amongst the deadmen.

If we are being honest here when you look at the squad and what he had to pick from today i think we were always going to struggle, we can only battle at the moment and hope to pick up points, but as i have said before this takeover and talk of all these players we are going to sign have done us no favours. I dont see an answer to this until january and then i dont think we are going to get the quality we are hoping for.

hilts said:
If we are being honest here when you look at the squad and what he had to pick from today i think we were always going to struggle,

Would you rather West Broms squad?

I wouldn't.

moomba said:
hilts said:
If we are being honest here when you look at the squad and what he had to pick from today i think we were always going to struggle,

Would you rather West Broms squad?

I wouldn't.

i know what you are saying but benjani and vassell up front meant i couldnt see us scoring and then add in dunne and richards taking in turns to drop bollocks i wasnt filled with confidence

When your team consists of Robinho, Ireland, SWP, Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Petrov it is good enough on paper to be in the top 6. Then you also have Elano, Jo, Sturridge, Dunne, Richards, Hamman, Johnson, Benjani who are good squad players who's talents do not merit playing for a team in the bottom three.

It just needs a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.

I know who's squad i would rather have us or Villa's. I would rather have ours but the difference is Villa have a manager who can get the best out of his players whereas we have a deluded clueless fuckwit.

hilts said:
i know what you are saying but benjani and vassell up front meant i couldnt see us scoring and then add in dunne and richards taking in turns to drop bollocks i wasnt filled with confidence

They had Luke Moore up front.

Immaculate Pasta said:
When your team consists of Robinho, Ireland, SWP, Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Petrov it is good enough on paper to be in the top 6. Then you also have Elano, Jo, Sturridge, Dunne, Richards, Hamman, Johnson, Benjani who are good squad players who's talents do not merit playing for a team in the bottom three.

I know who's squad i would rather have us or Villa's. I would rather have ours but the difference is Villa have a manager who can get the best out of his players whereas we have a deluded clueless fuckwit.

you dont win games on paper though, it is like the england thing individually it looks good but didnt work, what does he do if dunne and richards are having a nightmare, petrov is injured, elano is inconsistent, robinho only seems to do it at home jo looks useless, johnson is injured benjani gets injured hamman looks past his best, good players do it week in week out that is why villa are better than us, i dont accept that even if you dont like a manager you just stop performing

Immaculate Pasta said:

you dont win games on paper though, it is like the england thing individually it looks good but didnt work, what does he do if dunne and richards are having a nightmare, petrov is injured, elano is inconsistent, robinho only seems to do it at home jo looks useless, johnson is injured benjani gets injured hamman looks past his best, good players do it week in week out that is why villa are better than us, i dont accept that even if you dont like a manager you just stop performing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.