Time Wasting

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by bluemc1, 23 Feb 2014.

1. bluemc1

bluemc1

Does anyone know why the rule changed that goal kicks had to be taken from the side the ball went out ? BRING IT BACK, if it goes over the bar the ref just points to the side it has to be taken, even bring in a spot on each side where it has to be from.
    i know we have done it and still would at certain times it just really winds me up and when Stoke had the nerve to complain late on yesterday GGGGGGggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

We see it all the time in tight shitty matches like yesterday, opposition waste time all game and as soon as they go behind their players and manager suddenly whinge that we aren't getting a shift on with things for them. If I was the ref I'd be laughing at their hypocrisy and reminding them of how they did the same for 70 minutes. As it was, that cock yesterday who had barely hassled them at all to get a move on suddenly started giving us grief and hurrying us up. I honestly think they need to change the laws, because the refs haven't a clue, teams are cunts and it ruins matches. I'd much rather two halves of thirty minutes of ball in play and the clock stopping whenever the ball isn't in play. I realise that doesn't even attempt to answer your question though!

3. greasedupdeafguy

greasedupdeafguy

Hart took longer than their keeper to take goal kicks even at 0-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Come on be fair. We weren't exactly rushing near the end and TOUCHE I fucking say.

5. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Injury time with 2 pretty long stoppages and Sjoke timewasting with us on top especially towards half time 2 mins.

Second half City winning no injuries less time wasting and a few sub's 4 minutes.

Foy is a cock.

6. Alex-MCFC

Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt in spirit - Manchester my abode
    Team supported:
    Manchester City // FC Ingolstadt 04
    As are most refs.

7. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    It was changed to speed the game up Ironically it has given the GK the option to waste time even more The reason it was changed is when the ball went out and ended up on the opposite side it gave the GK the option to take it from the "wrong" side now of course to waste time they always choose the option The ONLY, at the moment,solution to time wasting is for the ref to add time but yesterday there was 2 injuries taking approx 3.5 minutes yet Foy, who was dreadful, allowed 2 mins thats one more than the standard 1 and Stoke were taking their time on everything Football should adopt an independent time keeper with a clock displaying time then play 30 mins of ball in play the rest of the time it stops

8. foxy

foxy

I genuinely think some fans give keepers a hard time with the goal kicks and doesn't help that we usually play with one ball in the Premier League. Keepers need to get their composure and think about where they are distributing the ball as well as waiting for team mates to get in position. A lot can go wrong at this level if they just hurry and boot it to an opposition player.

9. kupest

kupest

I hate how Injury/added time is never spot on. It is always a few minutes less than the actual time the ball wasn't in play. Referees really need to get the timing right, we want to see a game of football with the ball in play for 90 minutes not 87 minutes. I have actually kept a watch to keep a track of time lost (yes pretty bored) in 6-7 matches and in all of the the added time has been less than what it should be.

10. blueinsa

blueinsa

Said the exact same thing.

Fucking joke and the cunt let play go on for an extra minute because Stoke had the ball and were pressing for an equalizer!