Time Wasting

yellamcfc said:
I mentioned to my mate at the match yesterday, what I thought would make football more interesting, was to adopt a similar approach to a conversion in rugby.
Wherever the try is scored, the conversion is taken in line with it, therefore wherever the football goes off the pitch for a goal kick, that's where it should be taken from.
He laughed (as did my 14 yr old son) and ridiculed it a little, but I can see positives for the attacking side and it would also prevent defenders from kicking the ball off the opposing player after shielding it near the corner flag, pissing about near the end of games.
The keeper would have to rush back to his area after kicking it, or the defender would have to rush out after kicking it, trying to prevent "goal-hanging" striker from scoring in an advanced on side position...... just a thought :D
Or he could just kick it half a yard to a team mate and carry on pissin about in the corner I suppose.

The worst I have ever seen it was sporting Lisbon at home. It was embarrassing. They went down at any given opportunity. I'm surprised no one really mentioned it at the time because I was furious.

i kne albert davy said:
yellamcfc said:
I mentioned to my mate at the match yesterday, what I thought would make football more interesting, was to adopt a similar approach to a conversion in rugby.
Wherever the try is scored, the conversion is taken in line with it, therefore wherever the football goes off the pitch for a goal kick, that's where it should be taken from.
He laughed (as did my 14 yr old son) and ridiculed it a little, but I can see positives for the attacking side and it would also prevent defenders from kicking the ball off the opposing player after shielding it near the corner flag, pissing about near the end of games.
The keeper would have to rush back to his area after kicking it, or the defender would have to rush out after kicking it, trying to prevent "goal-hanging" striker from scoring in an advanced on side position...... just a thought :D
Or he could just kick it half a yard to a team mate and carry on pissin about in the corner I suppose.

Perhaps, but then again there could be a rule that it has to be kicked at least 5 yards......

This is by far the worst thing about the game. ... They really need to address this time wasting. Need to be like rugby when players are injured the game continues while the medical team come on (unless serious obviously) and as someone has already said have the clock stop when our of play. Chelsea did it when they played is here, it takes the sting out of our play if it's 0-0. The early goal is vital for us in these cases.

If an away team ie Stoke yesterday spend the full game time wasting and the referee has say 6 minutes added time in his head and City score in the 90th minute would he or should he still play the 6 minutes of added time?

The most rational rule change which the authorities could bring about is an in-play clock. There's so many discrepancies in added time: the main one seeming to be that in Europe they barely bother with it. I've seen/heard the whistle blow in some of our European matches a few seconds before regulation time is up.

neverton under moyes at our place was as dire and frustrating an example of blatant anti-football time wasting i have ever witnessed.... they were truly shocking, time wasting from the first kick, agonisingly slow at every opportunity, not to mention the multitude of fake 'injuries' especially whenever we started to get a grip on the game, down would go their players rolling around for eternity, their goilie (howard) the worst culprit, even pretending he couldnt do the kick outs so again slowing game down wasting time waiting for full back to (slowly) track back to kick the ball out for him... you must be proud of this shit moyes you horrible twat.

Lancet Fluke said:
We see it all the time in tight shitty matches like yesterday, opposition waste time all game and as soon as they go behind their players and manager suddenly whinge that we aren't getting a shift on with things for them. If I was the ref I'd be laughing at their hypocrisy and reminding them of how they did the same for 70 minutes. As it was, that cock yesterday who had barely hassled them at all to get a move on suddenly started giving us grief and hurrying us up. I honestly think they need to change the laws, because the refs haven't a clue, teams are cunts and it ruins matches. I'd much rather two halves of thirty minutes of ball in play and the clock stopping whenever the ball isn't in play. I realise that doesn't even attempt to answer your question though!

That's foy for you.

The ref along with the players have a duty to provide a spectacle that entertains. They should card someone early doors, the goalie for certain. Would cut it dead.

DortmundDummy said:
neverton under moyes at our place was as dire and frustrating an example of blatant anti-football time wasting i have ever witnessed.... they were truly shocking, time wasting from the first kick, agonisingly slow at every opportunity, not to mention the multitude of fake 'injuries' especially whenever we started to get a grip on the game, down would go their players rolling around for eternity, their goilie (howard) the worst culprit, even pretending he couldnt do the kick outs so again slowing game down wasting time waiting for full back to (slowly) track back to kick the ball out for him... you must be proud of this shit moyes you horrible twat.

And we usually had that twat Walton officiating when we played Everton too, allowing their players to take turns kicking fuck out of Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.