Time wasting.

paulchapo

I was thinking about this topic after we beat Villa to win the league. Obviously Villa were timewasting all game and even more so once they were ahead. Then once we were in front we didn't want the extra time they had wasted. So by them wasting time it could have helped Villa, which doesn't seem very fair. Luckily Oliver blew up early. In future there should be two timekeepers, one for each team. If the team wasting time all game then suddenly find themselves losing, they should only get the time added on the opposition have wasted, not their own.

Ball in play would be better, although I think it would disadvantage us the way things are ATM

We already have one of the highest time in play figures of any team, which I feel is an advantage.

We should consider reducing the play to 40 minutes each way and timing it like they do in rugby, including letting play carry on until the ball is out of play. Also, give the timing to an off-pitch official, so the ref doesn’t need a watch apart from to alert him or her to a goal.

Last edited:
card and sending off no messing about...and any commentator saying "we don't want to spoil the competition by soft red cards should be vilified on twatter for condoning cheating...and as for all this won a free kick bollox...last nights ref England V Germany got it spot on no free kicks for a touch in the back

Have time limits for corners, goal kicks, free kicks, corners and throw ins to be taken unless delayed by the ref.

E.g. 24 seconds for a goal kick maximum.

Quite a few teams waste time against City, Southampton included, and the Saints also developed this tactical break cheating between 60-70 minutes in games last season.

I've got a better idea. Definitely tot up time wasting by each time then, if one team is losing, reduce normal time by the amount of wasted time. So if Villa wasted 5 minutes in that last game, call time at 85 minutes.

If I am understanding that correctly would fans only get 85 minutes of football?. Seems like the supporters would be the losers.

Last edited:
If I am understanding that correctly would fans not only get 85 minutes of football?. Seems like the supporters would be the losers.
Recent reports suggest that the ball is in play for less than 60% of most games, often much less. Watching non-action is usually boring, unless there is a chance that a VAR might change the ref’s decision in our favour, for example, but I prefer the way Rugby times the live game, no opportunity for time-wasting, clock is stopped for injuries, subs and TMS, makes a lot of sense to me. This has to be a Fifa decision though, so no chance of logic being applied.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.