Tinnitus help and advice - Tinnitus Awareness Week 1-7 Feb (P 15)

Had it in my left ear about 6 months really bad when I think about it bit can generally concentrate on other things

As KS55 has said,the worst thing you can do is,trying to do something
Leave it,try and relax,shake your shoulders out,and nothing more
If I’m being honest,I think I developed it after a bout of flu many years ago
I have never been to any self help groups(that will be a depressing meeting,everyone’s got tinnitus)
It could go in a few weeks,depending on what caused it
But if it doesn’t,it may be with her a while
I Have used a radio and earphone in my left ear for what seems like forever
Doctors will probably give some amitriptyline or diazepam
They won’t work,so avoid them if possible
Sorry it’s all a bit gloomy

That's not strictly true. It can be temporary due an ear infection or wax build up.

My Mum suffers so when i started with it a few months ago, not bad but enough to think of fuck i was delighted when it went as soon as a lump of ear wax also went.

Sometimes it is as simple as that.

It may be worth getting your other half checked out by an ENT (though that might be tricky given the current situation with Covid-19).

Very rarely (and I stress the word very here), tinnitus can be caused by an acoustic neuroma.

It can also go away by itself.

But if it doesn't, there are some methods that can be deployed to manage the condition successfully.

See,in particular, the link at the end of the first post in this thread:

https://drnagler.supporttopics.com/post/the-henry-and-wilson-book-7558146

This is also worth reading and re-reading:

https://drnagler.supporttopics.com/post/letter-to-a-tinnitus-sufferer-7554913

I have met Dr Nagler personally and can vouch for his wisdom.

Additionally, I would encourage your wife to stay away from Tinnitus Talk (one of the main tinnitus forums). Without wishing to diminish the suffering of participants in that forum, it can drown out the voices of those who are successfully managing the condition.

I would also encourage your other half to avoid loud environments. A loud environment would be one where you have to considerably raise your voice to be heard by the person standing or sitting next to you. This is so that the tinnitus does no become exacerbated by further noise exposure.

For further support and advice, seek it from the members of this smaller forum:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tin...port-f1/?sid=482665ba822f544f0c2219d69b278f03

Hope this helps in some way.

You've probably tried it loads of times.
Hold your nose close your mouth and blow till your ears pop.
Just a suggestion

Sometimes can be caused by an ear infection. I suffer from it, the "noise" gets worse if I have an infection, I get many infections in my ears. Good antibiotic ear drops can help. Worth a try if you can get some at this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.