Tips and experiences with cutting back on alchohol

No problem, I couldn't work out which was which hence the use of both words. I also don't know when too should be used but lets not go there, if fact lets, if he taught me English grammar he wouldn't have time to drink.

Oh and my spelling is shit.
Too. Tricky one. I tend to think that too is "as well". Also if you pronounce it as two then use too. I'm going to the shops could be pronounced I'm going tuh the shops, whereas I will come to the shops too uses both. Please don't ask me about apostrophes. I have Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynn Truss on my bookshelf but it has to wait its (it's ?) turn. I believe it is a good guide. Anyhoo I am officially out of my depth now. Everyday is a schoolday. I am forever being taught how little I know by my fellow Bluemooners.
Calling @DTeacher to come to my rescue.

No problem, I couldn't work out which was which hence the use of both words. I also don't know when too should be used but lets not go there, if fact lets, if he taught me English grammar he wouldn't have time to drink.

Oh and my spelling is shit.
Too. Tricky one. I tend to think that too is "as well". Also if you pronounce it as two then use too. I'm going to the shops could be pronounced I'm going tuh the shops, whereas I will come to the shops too uses both. Please don't ask me about apostrophes. I have Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynn Truss on my bookshelf but it has to wait its (it's ?) turn. I believe it is a good guide. Anyhoo I am officially out of my depth now. Everyday is a schoolday. I am forever being taught how little I know by my fellow Bluemooners.
@DTeacher At least give me marks out of ten. (Shudders remembering school exam marks) :-)

Sorry, I have no idea. ;)

Okay, I do, but got some flak the other day, so trying to keep my counsel on such matters mostly. Most of us manage to decipher the gist of posts tbf.

Although, it would be nice if people could use certain words correctly. Too many to chose from (there's 'too' and 'to' haha).

Some favourites.....;)

Where. Wear. Ware. Were.
There. Their. They're.
Have (not of!)
Your. You're.

Thanks for indulging me :)

Sorry, I have no idea. ;)

Okay, I do, but got some flak the other day, so trying to keep my counsel on such matters mostly. Most of us manage to decipher the gist of posts tbf.

Although, it would be nice if people could use certain words correctly. Too many to chose from (there's 'too' and 'to' haha).

Some favourites.....;)

Where. Wear. Ware. Were.
There. Their. They're.
Have (not of!)
Your. You're.

Thanks for indulging me :)
Not indulging, I hate not knowing stuff. BTW conjugating the the verb "To of" AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

You are welcome. Are you a Dr? Both my brothers are.
:)
First time I have been asked that question directly in the 11 odd years that I have been a forum member. No I am categorically not a doctor. I would have the exremely original forum name of BlueBob but someone beat me to (too?) it. I used to, oddly, have the soubriquet DrBob amongst some of my friends so I tried DrBuleBob and the forum accepted it and here (hear?) I am.
Incidentally you should see my doctor, she's even lovelier than my dentist.
I am in awe of and respect anyone with the dedication to be a medical professional.
My mother used to be a teacher though.

First ime I have been asked that question directly in the 11 odd years that I have been a forum member. No I am categorically not a doctor. I would have the exremely original forum name of BlueBob but someone beat me to (too?) it. I used to, oddly, have the soubriquet DrBob amongst some of my friends so I tried DrBuleBob and the forum accepted it and here (hear?) I am.
Incidentally you should see my doctor, she's even lovelier than my dentist.
I am in awe of and respect anyone with the dedication to be a medical professional.
My mother used to be a teacher though.

Thanks for responding.

Guess what? At least you have been asked! Everyone on BM just assumes I am a Teacher lol. Not like anyone could have a surname of Teacher, is it?

Truth is, I was given the nickname of The Teacher (D Teacher) by some of my office staff, because I was supposedly always correcting errors in spelling and grammar! I did study English as part of my degree at University and teaching should probably have been my vocation.

My childhood also helped, in that I was avaricious in my devouring of newspapers which my father let me read, once I had completed my paper round for his shop. All the papers and half a litre of Walls Raspberry Ripple Ice cream ;) Happy days.

P.S. My son is also a Doctor and, er, works at CITY. :)

Since my mother passed away; I have noticed that I am drinking much more regularly through the week, beers or a bottle of red wine every other night. It feels there is always a reason to pop open a bottle of red, if I'm cooking a nice meal / pasta etc. or if there is a match on the box
It's got to the point where offcourse sometimes it is amazing and I do enjoy it at the time but it's not really something special now more habitual.

I tend to drink excessively when City are playing and I'm down at the matches alone (if not travelling with my daughter.) I actually think I use this as a defensive mechanism to help relieve stress and tension and helps me get involved wth the chants and banter. I found the run in very stressful and sure I used drink as a way to help me relax

Looking to cut out booze until the start of the season as I really enjoy the social aspect during the football.

Any recommendations on how to cut out the booze through the week and save my enjoyment for drinking at the footie?

Drinking is not currently causing any problems with family and work but know it would save us a fortune if you consider expenditure is probably between £20 - 40 a week before including weekend football outings

I'm not looking at going to see AA, Samaritans, rehab etc. As I don't believe I need this level of help.

Expecting posts to tell me to man up but appreciate any advise and if anyone else in a similar routine.
Like the saying goes have a drink by all means but moderations the word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.