Tips and experiences with cutting back on alchohol

I just got fed up with being arrested for bar brawling and starting fights in kebab shops. The fines where horrendous. Not to mention doing weekenders in Baird St. if anybody tells you that they give you a couple of rolls n bacon, punch them.

Also, when I stopped, that perma not 100% feeling, I put down to getting older, wasn’t that at all.

Now I still drink, and I love it. But I realise how much I can take and that additional ten drinks isn’t going to end well.

I m sitting here writing this in the garden, with a double gin in front of me. The second, after two white wines. Disregard everything I have written.

Just don’t go tonto. If you do. Cut it out. Or at least try. You will feel better. Probably.

I just got fed up with being arrested for bar brawling and starting fights in kebab shops. The fines where horrendous. Not to mention doing weekenders in Baird St. if anybody tells you that they give you a couple of rolls n bacon, punch them.

Also, when I stopped, that perma not 100% feeling, I put down to getting older, wasn’t that at all.

Now I still drink, and I love it. But I realise how much I can take and that additional ten drinks isn’t going to end well.

I m sitting here writing this in the garden, with a double gin in front of me. The second, after two white wines. Disregard everything I have written.

Just don’t go tonto. If you do. Cut it out. Or at least try. You will feel better. Probably.

Good advice I think ;)

Not had a drop since the FA Cup Final. Haven't wanted one in that space of time either. An old workmate messages to meet up this Wednesday for a drink, so will have one or two then. But give me a decent meal over a beer any day of the week.

Since my mother passed away; I have noticed that I am drinking much more regularly through the week, beers or a bottle of red wine every other night. It feels there is always a reason to pop open a bottle of red, if I'm cooking a nice meal / pasta etc. or if there is a match on the box
It's got to the point where offcourse sometimes it is amazing and I do enjoy it at the time but it's not really something special now more habitual.

I tend to drink excessively when City are playing and I'm down at the matches alone (if not travelling with my daughter.) I actually think I use this as a defensive mechanism to help relieve stress and tension and helps me get involved wth the chants and banter. I found the run in very stressful and sure I used drink as a way to help me relax

Looking to cut out booze until the start of the season as I really enjoy the social aspect during the football.

Any recommendations on how to cut out the booze through the week and save my enjoyment for drinking at the footie?

Drinking is not currently causing any problems with family and work but know it would save us a fortune if you consider expenditure is probably between £20 - 40 a week before including weekend football outings

I'm not looking at going to see AA, Samaritans, rehab etc. As I don't believe I need this level of help.

Expecting posts to tell me to man up but appreciate any advise and if anyone else in a similar routine.

i have recently switched to non alcoholic beer for when i go out.

Stops me from getting messy, and also buying extras.

My rules for drinking are

Try to do 4 days no booze 3 days fine

When drinking avoid a hangover so drink water at the same time and know when you have had enough you don’t need to be that last person standing at the bar

Avoid peer pressure of one more drink by saying you are going to the toilet and sneaking off home. Have always done this.

9 days without alcohol, plus rowing 4k everyday, 5k bike ride every other day has seen my weight come down by 8lbs. Happy with that. There is still beer in the fridge, wine and scotch in the rack/ cupboard but as of yet it's not bothering me.

Saturday was hard though. Mates house warming BBQ in the afternoon and another mates birthday meal out in the evening. Stuck to tea at both and, most importantly, drove!

Water is the key. Lots of lovely water. It pisses out of me at an alarming rate though.

Will see out the month. July/ August on the other hand...

My rules for drinking are

Try to do 4 days no booze 3 days fine

When drinking avoid a hangover so drink water at the same time and know when you have had enough you don’t need to be that last person standing at the bar

Avoid peer pressure of one more drink by saying you are going to the toilet and sneaking off home. Have always done this.

I had a mate who did that sneaking off thing, always on his round too, how you doing these days carl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.