Tips for saving money this winter

Hot water bottles and a blanket. may sound like proper old people stuff but we did it loads last winter and its great.

Electric blanket for the bed. cheap to run and gets the bed toasty if you keep the heating down.

When making a brew place half a dozen eggs in the bottom of the kettle for energy efficient breakfasts. The first ones we did were too runny and we found that after our second brew of the day they were done to perfection. I think if you did this throughout winter the savings could be considerable as the left over eggs could be eaten the following day.

Here's a tip for saving this winter..
First sign of snow, everyone get your shovels out and fill up any spaces in the freezer....should keep indefinitely till the next snowless one...Then we can put it all back where we found it on a designated day, I vote xmas eve.

Im thinking of buying a camp stove / heater and some fuel cans just in case there are power cuts/gas outages.
We bought one of those camping stoves last year but not got the gaz bottles for it yet, at least we could have a hot drink.
They have some really nice Patio heaters that would be really handy outside all sat round keeping warm in winter. (Or freezing) but then I thought watch the council say it’s a smokeless zone or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.