Tips for saving money this winter

How do you work out that you will still have less money ? Virgin wanted £120 a month off me, I told them to do one and I now pay £52. (football sacked off)
If you are paying £60 month to have the latest iPhone don't moan that you can't afford the electric bill.
I think the point is even if you don’t have them and have all ready done that, cutting back another £10 with the increase in essentials gas, food etc you’re standard of living is going to drop considerably.

How do you work out that you will still have less money ? Virgin wanted £120 a month off me, I told them to do one and I now pay £52. (football sacked off)
If you are paying £60 month to have the latest iPhone don't moan that you can't afford the electric bill.
If you do your suggestions, you would probably save about £150 a month.
If your other bills and unavoidable expenses have increased by £200 since last year then you would still have less money than last year.

If you do your suggestions, you would probably save about £150 a month.
If your other bills and unavoidable expenses have increased by £200 since last year then you would still have less money than last year.
The Tories are taking us back to the 19th century. When Sky has been binned off, all your electrical appliances sold because you can’t afford to turn them on, families will be sat around the communal oil drum reading Dickens by candlelight.

So forget the battery as I’ll be home during the day that’s when you do all your washing etc to just draw from the panels, also charge your car? Then at night it’s just grid stuff for the tv and lighting.
Next question is even in the depths of winter how do they cope with snow and very dark days, would they generate enough to get any benefit (I know some is better than nothing)
in regards inverter and battery I would hope in 10 years that cost might have come down, didn’t know about the battery cost I heard £3k so I’ll have to do more research.
In some ways you are better putting the energy into a thermal store rather than batteries in winter. Which is nothing more than a very well insulated hot water tank.

In winter you get about 20% of your average summer output.

Cycle to work. Don’t go to away matches. Don’t drink in the house. Don’t buy anything except food- you already have everything you need and more besides. Don’t pay for Sky and any other tv. Switch broadband provider. Sell your unwanted stuff.

Married or cohabiting gentlemen will have to tell the fairer sex in the house that it isn't cold and to put a jumper on. Most heating on in the house is unnecessary until deepest winter

I work outside missus works in an office.

We have this row every winter night ! I am sat in tee shirt and shorts and missus in a big thick jumper saying how cold it is.

I just call her a soft southern

Cycle to work. Don’t go to away matches. Don’t drink in the house. Don’t buy anything except food- you already have everything you need and more besides. Don’t pay for Sky and any other tv. Switch broadband provider. Sell your unwanted stuff.
Make me an offer for the wife…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.