Tips on moving to London for new job

Dobsy

Got a new job, start Wednesday. Moving down tomorrow into new flat.

Any tips on life in the big smoke from fellow blues?

And in other news, I had a one night stand last week and have picked up a rash . . . fuck my life.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Don't rent a room with a long lease because you have Aids.

Thanks for that one mate, I'm not freaking out at all now.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:46 pm --<br /><br />
tueartsboots said:
Where you moving to? Travel tip is give at least an hour for even the smallest journey in the City.
Oh and come and join us sometime <a class="postlink" href="http://www.citypridepub.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.citypridepub.co.uk</a>

Golders Green. Few friends work in the city so maybe I will pop in :)

Acquire a sheepskin coat, a pair of Farrahs, an ill fitting white polar neck jumper, a flat cap and some garish gold jewellery for starters. Start calling everyone "Tweacle", express your love for your dear old Mum and slap your wife around a bit and you should fit right in.

Oh and having the grasp of any language barring English would also be a great help. Lavverly.

BWTAC said:
Acquire a sheepskin coat, a pair of Farrahs, an ill fitting white polar neck jumper, a flat cap and some garish gold jewellery for starters. Start calling everyone "Tweacle", express your love for your dear old Mum and slap your wife around a bit and you should fit right in.

Oh and having the grasp of any language barring English would also be a great help. Lavverly.
Aaahaaahaaa!!!!!
Quality. However, you forgot to add that it is also compulsory to tell everyone you meet that your grandad used to knock around with the Kray twins.
"Laaavly boys they were, he used to say, gawd rest 'is soul."

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Tip 1: dont do it
x2 its an absolute shit hole and somehow glorified into somewhere hip and trendy,nightlifes not that good and the last time they produced a good artist,Lord Lucan was around.Oh and their football is shit.One of them will say lets go to Brixton Academy ,thats the place to be .So you'll go and see its an absolute shit tip.Then another will say lets goto Camden Market that a cool trendy place,so you'll go and see its also a shit tip,full of hippy's with dreadlocks .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.