Title winning and title losing difference

Damanino

So since 11/12 season as that was our first season where we started as potential champions really, I checked ours seasons.

11/12 Champions, but had to give our best fight in the run in and score a last minute goal to clinch it.

12/13 Ferguson won his last title, United finished above City second, 11 points gap

13/14 Pellegrini first season, wonderful attacking football, but we had to still win last game vs WHU to clinch it.

14/15 Mourinho's Chelsea won it, City second, 8 points difference, Chelsea won it already in 35th round.

15/16 Leicester won it, City 4th, 15 points behind Leicester

16/17, Pep's first season, Conte won the title for Chelsea, 93 points, City 3rd, 15 points behind

17/18, City won it, 100 points, 19 points clear to United, magical season

18/19, City won it on 1 point difference, had to win last 14 straight games to clinch it!

19/20, Pool looks like winning it, and hard to imagine it wont be at least a 10 point gap between them and second placed team.

What I notice is when we dont win it we dont give a good fight and we are around 10 or more points behind in those years.

When we won it with only exception is 17/18, we are being pushed all the way, we are being put into a position where we have to win the last PL game to clinch it, like in 11/12, 13/14, 18/19.

And again this season, when it looks like we arent winning, we dont even put up a good fight and will end up at least with 10 points gap by the look of it right now if not more.

Surely there must be some underlying mental thing to this pattern.

Yeah thats true, when we have poor season, its really a poor season. Rarely have spirited poor season if that makes sense. Our poor seasons is filled with weak performances

Then it feels like we have to play out of our skin to win the title as others push us, but we never push others even if we dont win.

Some of our fans are starting to remind me of utd fans of old, with their sense of entitlement.
People forget why the prem is the most watched/best/favourite league in the world.
If livarpool win it this year they will be the 5th team to win it in the last 8 years(3 titles for us by the way)
Compare that to the german/italian/French league
There is still a long way to go and I reckon livarpool will be reeled in, not just by us

Some of our fans are starting to remind me of utd fans of old, with their sense of entitlement.
People forget why the prem is the most watched/best/favourite league in the world.
If livarpool win it this year they will be the 5th team to win it in the last 8 years(3 titles for us by the way)
There is still a long way to go and I reckon livarpool will be reeled in, not just by us
No playing like we are they won't.

Theres no way any other team can catch Liverpool (other than City). If we get back on song were capable of winning numerous games on the trot.
Leicester is nowhere near the calibre of liverpool.

I just feel that David Silva has had one season too many, and coupled with the injuries to Sane and Laporte, our options are limited.
Not sure we can compare it to previous seasons, although we should have done better when Leicester won it

I just feel that David Silva has had one season too many, and coupled with the injuries to Sane and Laporte, our options are limited.
Not sure we can compare it to previous seasons, although we should have done better when Leicester won it
Totally agree. This is just one season too far for some of our older players, coupled with injuries, and Liverpool are getting all the breaks. It's the dreaded transition word. If we can bag a trophy (especially in Europe) and finish second I'll be happy. Proper competition is what makes English football great.

There's more to this season than just not putting up a fight when we have to chase a team. No one has suffered such key long term injuries as us, we have been shafted more than any other team in the top four by the vagaries of VARce. You have to be a player equivalent to some kind of robo-automaton to have the mental strength to succeed. We can only field humans, no matter how skilful they might be!

I thought it was 4 titles to us in 8 years but I maybe wrong.

There's more to this season than just not putting up a fight when we have to chase a team. No one has suffered such key long term injuries as us, we have been shafted more than any other team in the top four by the vagaries of VARce. You have to be a player equivalent to some kind of robo-automaton to have the mental strength to succeed. We can only field humans, no matter how skilful they might be!
Absolutely, add in the departure of Vk and I'm surprised we are still in the top two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.