To all Dads no longer here...

my first one without my dad , shame he didn't get to see out this fabulous season, I still texted him after we won the league I know he wouldn't have got it but ………. I miss my chats about City and things and over the last few years he was a rock for me as my life sort of went wrong but he saw me get back on my feet and find a new woman to look after me !…….miss you dad
Take care pal it gets easier

My old man grew up in Northenden. Born 1930, he often talked about when out in the Mcr pubs in the 1950, both the City and Utd players would be around and would just be another bloke in the pub, no special treatment though they did have a bit more cash than most. He said the first time he ever saw a fiver put on a dog at Belle Vue was by a player. My fave tale of his was when in a pub on the Sunday following the FA Cup final, he saw one of the players (can’t recall name) with a cut on the face and when asked if he picked up during the game, player said no, coming down the steps after collecting medal and someone whacked him in the face with one of those old football rattles!

RIP Dad

My Grandad raised me. He was born in 1919. I feel much more an affinity with him compared to my biological Father, who I met in his later years.
I loved my Grandad. He served in WW2 and came back somewhat damaged for a while. He was a great Father though.
RIP John Grace 1919-1991. Much missed xx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.