to anyone singing 'fat granny shagger' yesterday - well done

fallowfield said:
do you never learn

I and am sure lots of others thought - fuck, he's bound to score now.
Why not save shit like that to the end of the game and if we've won then we can have the laugh at him.

We also had 'ole, ole' etc when we kept the ball for a minute at 1-1, it's not like we were 4-0 up or something.

I just don't get our fans,

spectacular miss

fallowfield said:
do you never learn

Why not save shit like that to the end of the game and if we've won then we can have the laugh at him.

We also had 'ole, ole' etc when we kept the ball for a minute at 1-1, it's not like we were 4-0 up or something.

Don't agree with this at all. Freak goal, the way it looped up off Zab's back but shit happens, it's how you deal with it that counts. I'm just glad no-one is complaining about him running over to the City fans to take a bow. It's what I would have done in his shoes and we took it in good part.

One day the boot will be on the other foot and then just listen to them bleat. I'm getting warm feelings just thinking about it.

I agree with OP. In fact not only was it our singing that 'created' their second goal, our premature celebrations invited disaster.

So next time I suggest, in order to avoid tempting fate again, that nobody turns up, watches it on tv or online or listens to it in the radio.

That way we can pretty much guarantee a victory.

The you fat barstool made me smile. That chubby brown looks good for a bloke getting to 70.

guess didn't mean it to be as strident as first posted.
Sorry.

It was just when he came over to us after scoring and did his bow I felt fuckin sick.
Then on the way out walking back to the pub with United fans singing 'he's just a fat granny shagger' and all laughing away I just wished we'd never sung it.
I just won't get stuck into an opp player unless we're pissing the game as I fear they'll get the last laugh

But shit happens I suppose

Is the OP mad?

I wonder how long he's been going to watch football. Dont give stick to the opposition in case they get mad and score? Was it the fans fault we lost?

I've heard it all now.

Oh and l'll be singing it the next time we play the scum. You can blame me for the result if you like

Wreckless Alec said:
fallowfield said:
do you never learn

Don't agree with this at all. Freak goal, the way it looped up off Zab's back but shit happens, it's how you deal with it that counts. I'm just glad no-one is complaining about him running over to the City fans to take a bow. It's what I would have done in his shoes and we took it in good part.

One day the boot will be on the other foot and then just listen to them bleat. I'm getting warm feelings just thinking about it.

I really don't understand the number of people saying it was lucky because the ball deflected and looped up? It's what he did after that as the ball came to him that matters. The way he timed his leap and maneuvered his body before putting it spectacularly in the top corner is what counts, is that lucky? As a red if a player of another team scores a thirty five yard screamer against us, I don't think 'well if that wasn't just luck he'd do that every week when he got the ball from 35 yards out' (I realise Rooney's wasn't from 35 yards, it's an example). I appreciate the skill and realise that while 9/10 times that wouldn't have gone in, I credit him with a fantastic strike which is what makes football such a beautiful game to watch! If Tevez gets the ball from a bad pass in midfield and then beats 4 men and hammers in a wonder goal, is it just lucky because the ball came to him initially by mistake. Or do we as football supporters look at the skill of the finish and appreciate it for what it is? As a red I know I'm biased, however it was a great goal and not a lucky goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.