to anyone singing 'fat granny shagger' yesterday - well done

straighttalker said:
Wreckless Alec said:
Don't agree with this at all. Freak goal, the way it looped up off Zab's back but shit happens, it's how you deal with it that counts. I'm just glad no-one is complaining about him running over to the City fans to take a bow. It's what I would have done in his shoes and we took it in good part.

One day the boot will be on the other foot and then just listen to them bleat. I'm getting warm feelings just thinking about it.

I really don't understand the number of people saying it was lucky because the ball deflected and looped up? It's what he did after that as the ball came to him that matters. The way he timed his leap and maneuvered his body before putting it spectacularly in the top corner is what counts, is that lucky? As a red if a player of another team scores a thirty five yard screamer against us, I don't think 'well if that wasn't just luck he'd do that every week when he got the ball from 35 yards out' (I realise Rooney's wasn't from 35 yards, it's an example). I appreciate the skill and realise that while 9/10 times that wouldn't have gone in, I credit him with a fantastic strike which is what makes football such a beautiful game to watch! If Tevez gets the ball from a bad pass in midfield and then beats 4 men and hammers in a wonder goal, is it just lucky because the ball came to him initially by mistake. Or do we as football supporters look at the skill of the finish and appreciate it for what it is? As a red I know I'm biased, however it was a great goal and not a lucky goal.

Then you clearly haven't scored an overhead kick at any level.

If the ball arrives right, the technique required is basic, especially for athletes like Rooney. In fact, the ball deflected perfectly to wrong-foot Kompany, avoid intervention by Hart or Richards and to put Rooney in that position. Basically it was a freak set of variables that put Rooney in the position to provide a fairly basic finish. The reason goals like that are relatively (but not that) rare is simply that those factors don't come together very often and when they do, it is fortunate, not the result of any great skill on the part of the attacking team. A good finish but one I would expect from any striker in that position.

Bluemoon115 said:
Yes.

Singing a song cost us the game.

Absolutely, and in particular somebody who didn't quiet get one of the notes! We've been slaggin' off TheFatScouseGit in a hundred different threads for a month. A little 'ole song'll not make a scrap of difference if the MANUre Gods had already been offended!

fallowfield said:
do you never learn

I and am sure lots of others thought - fuck, he's bound to score now.
Why not save shit like that to the end of the game and if we've won then we can have the laugh at him.

We also had 'ole, ole' etc when we kept the ball for a minute at 1-1, it's not like we were 4-0 up or something.

I just don't get our fans,

You are a right muppit. As if that made a difference.

Songs like that are football banter. Have you ever been to a game?

Wreckless Alec said:
straighttalker said:
I really don't understand the number of people saying it was lucky because the ball deflected and looped up? It's what he did after that as the ball came to him that matters. The way he timed his leap and maneuvered his body before putting it spectacularly in the top corner is what counts, is that lucky? As a red if a player of another team scores a thirty five yard screamer against us, I don't think 'well if that wasn't just luck he'd do that every week when he got the ball from 35 yards out' (I realise Rooney's wasn't from 35 yards, it's an example). I appreciate the skill and realise that while 9/10 times that wouldn't have gone in, I credit him with a fantastic strike which is what makes football such a beautiful game to watch! If Tevez gets the ball from a bad pass in midfield and then beats 4 men and hammers in a wonder goal, is it just lucky because the ball came to him initially by mistake. Or do we as football supporters look at the skill of the finish and appreciate it for what it is? As a red I know I'm biased, however it was a great goal and not a lucky goal.

If the ball arrives right, the technique required is basic, especially for athletes like Rooney. In fact, the ball deflected perfectly to wrong-foot Kompany, avoid intervention by Hart or Richards and to put Rooney in that position. Basically it was a freak set of variables that put Rooney in the position to provide a fairly basic finish. The reason goals like that are relatively (but not that) rare is simply that those factors don't come together very often and when they do, it is fortunate, not the result of any great skill on the part of the attacking team. A good finish but one I would expect from any striker in that position.

Complete bollocks tbh and you sound like you have sour grapes!!!

Great goal and he meant it the fat granny shagging bastard :)

You have to wonder though it must've stirred him up mentally and physically to run that bit more and to hunt for any little opportunity. I'd feel happier if we sang it when were 3-0 up. The fact that he jumped and stood with his back to the City fans in celebration showed that the song did affect him. Not saying don't sing it but on rare occasions fate brings a consequence.

Do you really believe this or are you on the wind up.Ya can't call it anything but a class finish.Fair is fair.

It's a shame Tevez didn't get upset at their booing and think I'll show them ,it was a one off good goal, sometimes these things happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.