to anyone singing 'fat granny shagger' yesterday - well done

Shadz69 said:
Then you clearly haven't scored an overhead kick at any level.

If the ball arrives right, the technique required is basic, especially for athletes like Rooney. In fact, the ball deflected perfectly to wrong-foot Kompany, avoid intervention by Hart or Richards and to put Rooney in that position. Basically it was a freak set of variables that put Rooney in the position to provide a fairly basic finish. The reason goals like that are relatively (but not that) rare is simply that those factors don't come together very often and when they do, it is fortunate, not the result of any great skill on the part of the attacking team. A good finish but one I would expect from any striker in that position.

Do you really believe this or are you on the wind up.Ya can't call it anything but a class finish.Fair is fair.

As I said "a good finish". Most strikers at any level score a goal like that at least once in their playing career.

Wreckless Alec said:
Shadz69 said:
Then you clearly haven't scored an overhead kick at any level.

If the ball arrives right, the technique required is basic, especially for athletes like Rooney. In fact, the ball deflected perfectly to wrong-foot Kompany, avoid intervention by Hart or Richards and to put Rooney in that position. Basically it was a freak set of variables that put Rooney in the position to provide a fairly basic finish. The reason goals like that are relatively (but not that) rare is simply that those factors don't come together very often and when they do, it is fortunate, not the result of any great skill on the part of the attacking team. A good finish but one I would expect from any striker in that position.

Do you really believe this or are you on the wind up.Ya can't call it anything but a class finish.Fair is fair.

As I said "a good finish". Most strikers at any level score a goal like that at least once in their playing career.

good...fat ****'s peaked then, downhill from now on.

To be fair it wasn't a basic finish, and it kills me as a blue to say it but it was a great goal. Shame it was against us :(

fallowfield said:
do you never learn

I and am sure lots of others thought - fuck, he's bound to score now.
Why not save shit like that to the end of the game and if we've won then we can have the laugh at him.

We also had 'ole, ole' etc when we kept the ball for a minute at 1-1, it's not like we were 4-0 up or something.

I just don't get our fans,

You actually believe this, don't you?

Going back to the OP, it doesn't explain why Nani scored as I don't recall singing anything about him.

Not only that but I thought that was a much better goal with quality movement and finish from Nani and a sublime first time ball from Giggs. Sometimes people mistake the spectacular for the difficult.

shit thread! How the fuck can a song make him score that goal?!

He was having a stinker until that goal, his pass completion must have been 40%, the passes he did complete were simple easy passes back to midfield. He was wound up, it was just a moment of brilliance that caused that goal from shrek, not our fans singing!!

I was singing that song and I'l sing that song again at that fat granny shagger!

Lol, I think the OP was pointing out it was some sort of karma for Rooney to score. It happens all the time in football though a player scores after you've been giving him stick. The best players for the opposition are usually the biggest tragets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.