To be a City fan.

ccr

Winning a few trophies we are bound to get an influx of glory hunters. Not as many as the swamp people or the red scouse I grant you.
But what sets apart a blue ? As an oldie I still feel I've escaped Dracula but round the corner is King Kong carrying a chain saw.
We have no more right to history than the Rochdales, Notts County's or Macclesfields of this world.
We tend to laugh through our set backs.
Our empty seats are reserved for true blues ,so if someone comes along wanting to join the ride and take one of those seats, what would you tell them about us that sets us apart.

Winning a few trophies we are bound to get an influx of glory hunters. Not as many as the swamp people or the red scouse I grant you.
But what sets apart a blue ? As an oldie I still feel I've escaped Dracula but round the corner is King Kong carrying a chain saw.
We have no more right to history than the Rochdales, Notts County's or Macclesfields of this world.
Our empty seats are reserved for true blues ,so if someone comes along wanting to join the ride and take one of those seats, what would you tell them about us that sets us apart.

We once had raisins in the balti pies

I don't get this glory hunter stuff .What is a glory hunter ? People over the years want to support a winning club ,we have thousands of fans from Bury ,Radcliffe, Bolton Oldham. Stockport ,Crewe ,are these "glory hunters" or just fans who want to support a more sucsessful team .People who are being asked to spend £50 plus for 90 min of football are much more likely to spend it at a club that are winning matches than getting hammered every week .in the last 14odd years since we left Maine Road we must had got over 20 thousand "glory hunters " as our capacity was just over 32 thousand .Why does it matter why some one wants to join us in our journey. My only gripe is that we are pricing so many fans out watching football is so expensive now a days .If we want to grow as a club we should embrace any one who wants to support us

Were you one of the 30000 at York?

it's character building, or at least, it was in my formative years, not so much these days. Although given the amount of flack we as a club get for the slightest of reasons, real or imagined, your now more likely as a young un growing up as a blue to develop a persecution complex rather than a backbone.

I'm convinced dragging my daughter off to main road at the tender age of 6 was a significant help in her emotional development, and I'm happy to report she's recently forgiven me

As a Manchester City fan it's still hard to shake off the inferiority complex of yesteryear.

I find it slightly awkward when talking to other fans (mainly rags & dippers) about our recent achievements and I'm mindful not to come across as gloating.

However, I'd take having an inferiority complex over the rags arrogance any day.

As for our red scouse brethren they're just fucked up. They've got an over developed sense of importance and an underdeveloped sense of responsibility.

I'd say the humbleness and hopefully the realisation that you can't take the good things for granted. Even the biggest clubs can falter if things are mismanaged.

Not sure I agree on the right to history bit(Macclesfield?) , despite the 80s and 90s, City have true topflight pedigree, up there with anyone and we need to stop perpetuating the myth that it's any different. Suppose if you started watching City back then, then it's all you'll have known as where we came from but it's not accurate in the grand scheme of things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.