To the stupid person who let off the banger

I agree, stupid! The thing about police animals tho, dogs or horses, they are so well trained that something like that wouldn't effect them! Don't get me wrong i'm not defending the tosser but praising the animals!

Stewards were a joke, I got cracked in the back of the head right on the right hand side of our allocation for shouting across to the Sunderland fans, who were giving their fair share of abuse.

Sunderland fans seemed fine before the game, decent enough lads, and typical response from a couple of fans after beating us in the last minute, so no complaints about that. I heard the banger but never saw the police horse, as soon as I saw police horses I ran off, I'm actually terrified of them LOL!

RyantheBlue said:
Stewards were a joke, I got cracked in the back of the head right on the right hand side of our allocation for shouting across to the Sunderland fans, who were giving their fair share of abuse.

Sunderland fans seemed fine before the game, decent enough lads, and typical response from a couple of fans after beating us in the last minute, so no complaints about that. I heard the banger but never saw the police horse, as soon as I saw police horses I ran off, I'm actually terrified of them LOL!

sounds like a bit of shouting and a firework.
no need for Danny Dyer or Ross Kemp to helicopter in just yet then.

INLINEFIVE said:
RyantheBlue said:

sounds like a bit of shouting and a firework.
no need for Danny Dyer or Ross Kemp to helicopter in just yet then.

Sounds like exactly the kind of thing Danny Dyer would be interested in ;)

RyantheBlue said:

I remember as a kid, away at Blackburn(we went top of the 2nd div with the win) about 84/85ish, 2 turnstiles for 10000 away fans and queing up outside(20 mins into the game) got bit by a horse not nice! At least i thought i'd been bit but on reflection it probably just put me in line with it's teeth! LOL

collie41 said:
RyantheBlue said:

I remember as a kid, away at Blackburn(we went top of the 2nd div with the win) about 84/85ish, 2 turnstiles for 10000 away fans and queing up outside(20 mins into the game) got bit by a horse not nice! At least i thought i'd been bit but on reflection it probably just put me in line with it's teeth! LOL

At Arsenal away earlier this season, when City fans were winding up the Arsenal fans, bloody felt sort of a weight just fall on my league, horse had stood on my ankle, hurt like fuck. I've never liked them but now it's extended to fear ;)

INLINEFIVE said:
robsta said:
Hate to read some of the comments on here from City fans. Some really do bring shame on us and sound like arrogant rags.

Last minute goals always create more of an atmosphere outside and there were mouthy ones on both sides.

I've been to Sunderland loads of times and always found the fans to be sound. Proper football fans who you can always have a chat and a laugh with. Couple of years ago went in Fitzgeralds before the game, I was dying for a piss so went straight to the gents. When I came out a few Sunderland fans had sussed my lads were City fans and they were stood chatting to them and insisting on buying us drinks. Had a great laugh with them.

Only sour note was a few weeks ago when my eldest lad, who is now at Uni there, was set upon by a few idiots after the Blackburn game. He was walking to work in the town centre as the fans were coming away from the game and they assumed he was a Blackburn fan. Only let him off when he flashed his work jacket at them and made it clear he was just going to work. But I put that down to the small % of ***** that every club has.

sorry to hear and hope he got to work ok!!
surprised he was mistaken for a blackburn fan, they didn't have any in the ground.
From what I saw on the highlights Blackburn had the usual few there to carry on the "Keane out" protest.
He got there ok thanks, just a bit shook up. He had no chance on his own but luckily his work jacket convinced them.

robsta said:
INLINEFIVE said:
robsta said:
Hate to read some of the comments on here from City fans. Some really do bring shame on us and sound like arrogant rags.

Last minute goals always create more of an atmosphere outside and there were mouthy ones on both sides.

I've been to Sunderland loads of times and always found the fans to be sound. Proper football fans who you can always have a chat and a laugh with. Couple of years ago went in Fitzgeralds before the game, I was dying for a piss so went straight to the gents. When I came out a few Sunderland fans had sussed my lads were City fans and they were stood chatting to them and insisting on buying us drinks. Had a great laugh with them.

Only sour note was a few weeks ago when my eldest lad, who is now at Uni there, was set upon by a few idiots after the Blackburn game. He was walking to work in the town centre as the fans were coming away from the game and they assumed he was a Blackburn fan. Only let him off when he flashed his work jacket at them and made it clear he was just going to work. But I put that down to the small % of ***** that every club has.

sorry to hear and hope he got to work ok!!
surprised he was mistaken for a blackburn fan, they didn't have any in the ground.
From what I saw on the highlights Blackburn had the usual few there to carry on the "Keane out" protest.
He got there ok thanks, just a bit shook up. He had no chance on his own but luckily his work jacket convinced them.

what does he do for work in the centre? i'm involved in bars and nightclubs, sometimes in sunderland but mainly in newcastle.
blackburn fans must have had a small steve keane out banner that day. think they'd sewn two hankies together and brought it up on a bicycle.

INLINEFIVE said:
BTH said:
INLINEFIVE said:
definately not growing over 18k. numbers always reported as 15k minimum.
we sold 15k. there was more than a couple of hundred mixed in as i'm sure every city fan on here knows. i know the police let as many more into the ends as they could to keep them off the streets but there was still loads left outside.

believe what you want. i'll say we took only 2,000 and stayed up if it makes people happy.

You're doing yourself a disservice there; must have been 40,000 Sunderland at Maine Road that day!

How I love a footballing myth! And whose number are always reported anyway? Those of Sunderland fans, usually by other Sunderland fans!

These figures have never added up IMO. I very much doubt that the Platt Lane and Kippax corner held anything like 15-18,000, and although there were a lot of Sunderland fans there, to suggest they had almost half the 39,194 crowd that day is pushing it a bit to say the least, especially when you consider that the corresponding game at Roker Park hosted 23,137. Roker might have been a pokey old hole by then, but it still held a few more than that!

get yourself on youtube then my friend, watch and read
manchester city sunderland 1991

15,000 were sold officially

and lastly, if you weren't there ask a few city fans who were, as most older heads on this forum seem to think its the most aways at maine road.

if it makes you happy this is what really happened. we only sold 1,200 out of our 1,500 allocation. the other 300 were newcastle fans who offered to help us out on the day to save our blushes.

In fairness the Kippax and Platt Lane away allocation added up to 12,000. But regardless it was an excellent following and you had a few dotted around the home end.

I always remember that game as at half time the James anthem came on Sit down and loads of us sat down on the kippax singing what ast the time was one my favourite song.

All in all it was an incredible day, and pretty cruel how you went 2-1 up just before half time before I think quinny equalised, it makes you think it wasnt your day.

Two names I havent thought about in years...Marco Gabbiadini? and Jason Beckford...Happy memories.

RyantheBlue said:

I got chucked out on 91 minutes, we lost the ball, i booted a seat and it shattered. I'd never cause damage, knew I was wrong, told the stewards, and asked if i could see the end. He carted me out. I know I shouldn't have done it but I'm sure he reacted over the top after I told him before he noticed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.