To the stupid person who let off the banger

salford blue 62 said:
why are you on here again ?

Shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, mate, but for a bit crack? That was football fans do?

I've been to Man City a lot of times with SAFC.

Remember around 88/89 there was about 20,000 there (could be wrong with that like, open to correction) and you were up near the top of the league - you and Chelsea.

See it how you want, but for a club who have had 4 top ten finishes in 50 years I think we have a good following - averaging around 40k in an area not flush with money and a serious lack of success, and not much prospect of success - I personally think that's good going. But then I'm not really bothered what anyone else thinks.

A touch surprised by this board as I always found Man City fans sound, and Man United to be fair. I'll put it down to the sky generation of posters.

i remember the 1991(?) relegation game. i was 12 years old and had never seen an away support like it (i wasn't at the chelsea game). it came 18 months after city's 5-1 derby win when it'd kicked off in the north stand so i was shitting myself when i saw how many sunderland fans had turned up and i sort of expected you to go down. at the final whistle, the sunderland fans spilled onto the pitch and a large number of blues followed. i remember thinking "here we go". then they all started swapping scarves and shirts and singing barcelona (united were playing them in the ecwc final a few days later).

then i met a group of about 5 mackems the night i met my missus in the waterfront nightclub in hull. i got talking about the '91 match and she stormed off in a huff. i got bought a pint or three by these mackems and later on she came back over realising she was in danger of letting a handsome manc slip through her fingers.

wahey!!!

Judging by the flack Sunderland are getting I believe a few City fans have taken to Newcastle since Lord Moonhead visited Manchester, all hail the chosen Moonhead.

2i7lfrk.jpg

Sunderland said:
salford blue 62 said:

Shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, mate, but for a bit crack? That was football fans do?

Remember around 88/89 there was about 20,000 there (could be wrong with that like, open to correction) and you were up near the top of the league - you and Chelsea.

See it how you want, but for a club who have had 4 top ten finishes in 50 years I think we have a good following - averaging around 40k in an area not flush with money and a serious lack of success, and not much prospect of success - I personally think that's good going. But then I'm not really bothered what anyone else thinks.

A touch surprised by this board as I always found Man City fans sound, and Man United to be fair. I'll put it down to the sky generation of posters.

You're last paragraph is still correct, we are sound. There are some bitter pricks on here and I for one apologise, fans of other forums are welcome as far as I'm concerned, it adds to the enjoyment of the banter, win or lose.
Happy new year.

citykev28 said:
i remember the 1991(?) relegation game. i was 12 years old and had never seen an away support like it (i wasn't at the chelsea game). it came 18 months after city's 5-1 derby win when it'd kicked off in the north stand so i was shitting myself when i saw how many sunderland fans had turned up and i sort of expected you to go down. at the final whistle, the sunderland fans spilled onto the pitch and a large number of blues followed. i remember thinking "here we go". then they all started swapping scarves and shirts and singing barcelona (united were playing them in the ecwc final a few days later).

then i met a group of about 5 mackems the night i met my missus in the waterfront nightclub in hull. i got talking about the '91 match and she stormed off in a huff. i got bought a pint or three by these mackems and later on she came back over realising she was in danger of letting a handsome manc slip through her fingers.

wahey!!!

pretty much how i remembered it, apart from your wife in hull!!!!!!
to be fair i think we all expected to go down but blind faith drew us towards the rocks.
what was happening for the chelsea game that made it a big one?
was it "normal" for away fans to get the kippax and the platt lane end?
i don't ever remember man utd getting so many so just assumed we'd be there or there abouts for most aways.

Ancient Citizen said:
Sunderland said:
salford blue 62 said:

You're last paragraph is still correct, we are sound. There are some bitter pricks on here and I for one apologise, fans of other forums are welcome as far as I'm concerned, it adds to the enjoyment of the banter, win or lose.
Happy new year.

No bother mate.

Plenty of tools on our board as well, when a fan of another team turns up they take the piss thinking SAFC are Barcelona.

Always enjoy the crack with lads who have followed their club for years, well, except Newcastle.

Remember that year you all turned up with bananas, think you beat us 4-2 on your way to going up. 88/89. Football was much better in those days.

Must be strange following Man City after all those years looking in, and suddenly you're up there. Not sure I'd want it to be honest, because with that comes all the people getting their hands on tickets for away games who never in a milliopn years would have stepped foot inside a football ground in the '80s. There's part of me hoping we go down and down again, so our group can do the rounds at places like Oldham.

All the best to you and all, mate.

Sunderland said:
Ancient Citizen said:
Sunderland said:

Happy new year.

No bother mate.

Plenty of tools on our board as well, when a fan of another team turns up they take the piss thinking SAFC are Barcelona.

Always enjoy the crack with lads who have followed their club for years, well, except Newcastle.

Remember that year you all turned up with bananas, think you beat us 4-2 on your way to going up. 88/89. Football was much better in those days.

Must be strange following Man City after all those years looking in, and suddenly you're up there. Not sure I'd want it to be honest, because with that comes all the people getting their hands on tickets for away games who never in a milliopn years would have stepped foot inside a football ground in the '80s. There's part of me hoping we go down and down again, so our group can do the rounds at places like Oldham.

All the best to you and all, mate.

Fully fully understand THAT statement mate and 1000's of Blues would agree with you too, all the best lad you red and white shite;)

Cocky 18 year old ,leaves the station. Singing at the top of his voice, City had just won the Championship at Newcastle. Turns a corner to be met by about 10 blokes in red and white scarves. Mouth dry,bottom wet. Waiting for the inevitable. Turns out they were all Black cats. Just beat the rags at cold Trafford. What a night, got mousebottomed, even understood the odd word or two, the drunker I got.

ccr said:
Cocky 18 year old ,leaves the station. Singing at the top of his voice, City had just won the Championship at Newcastle. Turns a corner to be met by about 10 blokes in red and white scarves. Mouth dry,bottom wet. Waiting for the inevitable. Turns out they were all Black cats. Just beat the rags at cold Trafford. What a night, got mousebottomed, even understood the odd word or two, the drunker I got.

is that the one many years ago when we "won the league for you"???
bit before my time but i'm surprised any city fan would ever have a bad word to say about sunderland!!

from the way i saw it dick heads from sunderland started it, walking out of the away end and theres sets of lads with balaclavas on looking for trouble which they got....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.