To the stupid person who let off the banger

INLINEFIVE said:
i joined a while back. posted this on another thread but it didn't seem to come up straight away.

100% diehard sunderland but always kept my eye on man city after a spell of work in eccles many (blue) moons ago. i was looked after by a family of blues before i found my own digs.

didn't see any trouble at all as i walked around the opposite side of ground to car. before the game just saw fans mixing and no chew whatsoever, very rarely is.
i hope you go on to win the league and you don't begrudge us our bit of happiness. believe me, we've seen plenty of hurt.

i was at maine road in 1990 for our relegation game. anyone there that day should maybe put some of your newcomer fans right about sunderland's support. out of interest has any team ever taken more to maine road?

all the best and happy new year.

Can we have our seats back please?

Blootoof said:
INLINEFIVE said:
i joined a while back. posted this on another thread but it didn't seem to come up straight away.

100% diehard sunderland but always kept my eye on man city after a spell of work in eccles many (blue) moons ago. i was looked after by a family of blues before i found my own digs.

didn't see any trouble at all as i walked around the opposite side of ground to car. before the game just saw fans mixing and no chew whatsoever, very rarely is.
i hope you go on to win the league and you don't begrudge us our bit of happiness. believe me, we've seen plenty of hurt.

i was at maine road in 1990 for our relegation game. anyone there that day should maybe put some of your newcomer fans right about sunderland's support. out of interest has any team ever taken more to maine road?

all the best and happy new year.

Can we have our seats back please?

you could but they're in my sitting room. you wouldn't make us sit on the floor to watch telly you heartless manc?!!

INLINEFIVE said:
ccr said:
Cocky 18 year old ,leaves the station. Singing at the top of his voice, City had just won the Championship at Newcastle. Turns a corner to be met by about 10 blokes in red and white scarves. Mouth dry,bottom wet. Waiting for the inevitable. Turns out they were all Black cats. Just beat the rags at cold Trafford. What a night, got mousebottomed, even understood the odd word or two, the drunker I got.

is that the one many years ago when we "won the league for you"???
bit before my time but i'm surprised any city fan would ever have a bad word to say about sunderland!!
Not quite true, winning at Newcastle was all we needed to do to clinch the title, United losing to Sunderland was just the icing on the cake.

im not a prick or a tosser and being going since 68.sorry,not really thispissed off,must be yesterdays fuck up and on the wagon today-work tomoz

lancs blue said:
INLINEFIVE said:
ccr said:
Cocky 18 year old ,leaves the station. Singing at the top of his voice, City had just won the Championship at Newcastle. Turns a corner to be met by about 10 blokes in red and white scarves. Mouth dry,bottom wet. Waiting for the inevitable. Turns out they were all Black cats. Just beat the rags at cold Trafford. What a night, got mousebottomed, even understood the odd word or two, the drunker I got.

is that the one many years ago when we "won the league for you"???
bit before my time but i'm surprised any city fan would ever have a bad word to say about sunderland!!
Not quite true, winning at Newcastle was all we needed to do to clinch the title, United losing to Sunderland was just the icing on the cake.

just pulling your leg mate!! we both did each other a favour that day.
don't know who had the biggest celebration that night, you lot winning the league or us because newcastle had just lost a game!

salford blue 62 said:
im not a prick or a tosser and being going since 68.sorry,not really thispissed off,must be yesterdays fuck up and on the wagon today-work tomoz
dont some blues just wind you up on ere .... dont do love ins myself mate ... tell them to fuck off :)

Remember the relegation game as nearly got nicked selling a spare outside the North Stand to a Sunderland fan...you were everywhere that day, but no trouble that i saw...unlike the Chelsea game mentioned...they took over the place and probably my most frightening experience at maine Road...Chelsea everywhere and looking for trouble before, during and after the game. Always found Sunderland away ok both at roker Park and Stadium of Light.

We stopped in a pub about 5 miles from ground the few Sunderland fans who were in were pretty sound and at end i turned left instead of going to right back to coaches, and apart from a bit of banter they were sound to one of em even directed me back to away coaches wished me happy new year and said how stuffy they were to not get hammered in the game. All in all the ones i meet yesterday were sound which a'int always been the case up there.

cheers dogblue;dont normally mind other fans coming on and being ok,its just when a few snide remarks are made when they are on as guests winds me up.would have been a bit more "direct" a few years ago,mellowing in age me thinks !

Oils said:
Remember the relegation game as nearly got nicked selling a spare outside the North Stand to a Sunderland fan...you were everywhere that day, but no trouble that i saw...unlike the Chelsea game mentioned...they took over the place and probably my most frightening experience at maine Road...Chelsea everywhere and looking for trouble before, during and after the game. Always found Sunderland away ok both at roker Park and Stadium of Light.

yes, no trouble at all really, not considering 15k-18k away fans mostly full of drink who'd just been relegated! i don't think the city fans took the p**s at all and some of them looked gutted for us to be honest.
don't get me wrong, there was many thousands of lads in that sunderland following but both sides showed respect so very ugly scenes were avoided.

must say i'd never heard of chelsea's visit to maine road until today. was it very large numbers like us or just that all of them were looking for trouble?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.