To the stupid person who let off the banger

INLINEFIVE said:
Oils said:
Remember the relegation game as nearly got nicked selling a spare outside the North Stand to a Sunderland fan...you were everywhere that day, but no trouble that i saw...unlike the Chelsea game mentioned...they took over the place and probably my most frightening experience at maine Road...Chelsea everywhere and looking for trouble before, during and after the game. Always found Sunderland away ok both at roker Park and Stadium of Light.

yes, no trouble at all really, not considering 15k-18k away fans mostly full of drink who'd just been relegated! i don't think the city fans took the p**s at all and some of them looked gutted for us to be honest.
don't get me wrong, there was many thousands of lads in that sunderland following but both sides showed respect so very ugly scenes were avoided.

must say i'd never heard of chelsea's visit to maine road until today. was it very large numbers like us or just that all of them were looking for trouble?
Large numbers and from what i remember about the same as you brought as you both had platt lane and corner of Kippax...you seemed to have more in our end but all good natured. They brought 10k knobheads in an away following of about 15k...frightening and will never be repeated thank god!

INLINEFIVE said:
Oils said:
Remember the relegation game as nearly got nicked selling a spare outside the North Stand to a Sunderland fan...you were everywhere that day, but no trouble that i saw...unlike the Chelsea game mentioned...they took over the place and probably my most frightening experience at maine Road...Chelsea everywhere and looking for trouble before, during and after the game. Always found Sunderland away ok both at roker Park and Stadium of Light.

yes, no trouble at all really, not considering 15k-18k away fans mostly full of drink who'd just been relegated! i don't think the city fans took the p**s at all and some of them looked gutted for us to be honest.
don't get me wrong, there was many thousands of lads in that sunderland following but both sides showed respect so very ugly scenes were avoided.

must say i'd never heard of chelsea's visit to maine road until today. was it very large numbers like us or just that all of them were looking for trouble?

They came and game as fuk with it, probably half fkin Readin' etc with 'em ;like just out for the Jolly, but they invaded en masse and basically did what they want, they were like angry ants as well. Fuk, fulham just scored and me bets down.

INLINEFIVE said:
Oils said:

Fuck me it's now up to 18k !.....You brought loads down but no way that many. I was sat next to a Mackem in the North Stand, like you say no trouble apart from one of your lot goading us with Utd chants but a couple of lads had a word in his ear and he went quiet after that!

A few of my mates usually travelled with the Chelsea Head hunters to England games . Pretty sure there was also another group of blues that also travelled along side too .
They usually met in Swiss Cottage in London before travelling to away games .
A few of their guys were also from Blackpool .
Best turn out buy Chelseas firms ever i was told .

buzzer1 said:
INLINEFIVE said:
Oils said:

They came and game as fuk with it, probably half fkin Readin' etc with 'em ;like just out for the Jolly, but they invaded en masse and basically did what they want, they were like angry ants as well. Fuk, fulham just scored and me bets down.
Remember it well, they were everywhere before the game, in the pubs, outside the kippax/North stand...still remember the day more for one of the shitest players to wear a blue shirt scoring...Gerry Taggert!!

Oils said:
INLINEFIVE said:
Oils said:

Large numbers and from what i remember about the same as you brought as you both had platt lane and corner of Kippax...you seemed to have more in our end but all good natured. They brought 10k knobheads in an away following of about 15k...frightening and will never be repeated thank god!

they came to our place for the milk cup semi final first leg in 1985. they tried the mob handed routine but not in the numbers at yours as it was all ticket. obviously we sold more than enough ourselves to limit their tickets. there was a fair bit of trouble before/after but nothing that wasn't handled. don't think i'd fancy 15k of them on the doorstep though to be fair.

return leg was different as we went through and all hell broke loose with chelsea invading the pitch. most were happy just to get home in one piece that night as it was a bit naughty.

Sky Blue said:
INLINEFIVE said:
Oils said:

Fuck me it's now up to 18k !.....You brought loads down but no way that many. I was sat next to a Mackem in the North Stand, like you say no trouble apart from one of your lot goading us with Utd chants but a couple of lads had a word in his ear and he went quiet after that!

i don't think we'll ever get an official figure. 15k tickets/official plus anything from 0 to 3k around the ground depending who you talk to. i said at the start 15k but most city fans know we had a lot around the ground. as it happens there was also a LOT locked outside too but you probably don't want to count them
its on youtube, take a look at the away part of the kippax, its absolutely packed.
anyway, whatever the final figure it was a relegation match, not a championship decider.

That relegation game v Sunderland i seem to remember one pissed up Sunderland fan walking into the back of the Kippax midway thru in his shirt !! Police moved him on !
Also met a few of theres before and sound lads unlike boro.

SXBLUE said:
That relegation game v Sunderland i seem to remember one pissed up Sunderland fan walking into the back of the Kippax midway thru in his shirt !! Police moved him on !
Also met a few of theres before and sound lads unlike boro.

That 90/91 match. We were originally given 10,000 tickets. Then another 2,000. At the most we had a couple of hundred in your end. So I'd make that just over 12,000.

We used to have bigger followings in the '60s. 16,000 at Man Utd and Everton for cup matches.

I remember that kid in the SAFC top being brought round.

That milk-cup match away at Chelsea was a nightmare. Loads got turned away and had to fend for themselves outside the ground. The tube was something I wouldn't fancy doing again. At the final against Norwich, Chelsea turned up again and a normal SAFC fan got stabbed in the neck. Nice chaps eh.

I remember that Sunderland relegation game. 3-2 I think

Best travelling support I've seen at City.

I also remember the Geordies bringing loads when they had Keegan, Beardsley Waddle in their team. They won 2-1 and their were Newcastle fans everywhere. Bit of trouble too. I was sat in the Platt Lane with my Dad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.