To the stupid person who let off the banger

Sky Blue said:
Sunderland said:
SXBLUE said:
That relegation game v Sunderland i seem to remember one pissed up Sunderland fan walking into the back of the Kippax midway thru in his shirt !! Police moved him on !
Also met a few of theres before and sound lads unlike boro.

That 90/91 match. We were originally given 10,000 tickets. Then another 2,000. At the most we had a couple of hundred in your end. So I'd make that just over 12,000..

That's more like it. The other lad had it up to 18k and growing! You had loads in The Kippax when you played us in the Cup in 73.

I was at that game. (The FA Cup Game, 1973).
On a bus from school (my last year).
It was mayhem (especially for a 15 year old).
I think it was the first (and only) time I've ever heard of a school running a bus to a high-profile away game.

I remember reading a big thread on here about five? years ago?
'Did anybody ever take The Kippax' it was called (or something very similar).
A few older City fans answered Sunderland.

SAFC fans did go into the home part of the Kippax.
But it was sheer numbers that forced them to go in, rather than wanting a fight. You couldn't move in the away part (we had about a quarter of the side -fenced off) the left hand part looking at the pitch, aswell as the adjacent end, which at the time IIRC didn't have seats in (could be wrong about that seats bit though).

Anyway, they never ever shut the turnstiles and people just kept piling in. You couldn't breathe. Away fans started climbing over the fence, into the home part. They were even getting onto the girder lattice-work under the roof, climbing across, and dropping into the City end. All of a sudden there was a huge fight going on. So then others jumped over to join in.

In the end, all the coppers did was break it up and seperate them. And leave the Sunderland fans in the home part, with a big double copper cordon parting the two factions.

I stayed in the away part, out of harm's way :-)

INLINEFIVE said:
SAFCadam said:
salford blue 62 said:
you havent got aclue have you ? 40k when we hadnt won anything for 35 years ? your "wonderfull support "drops by about 20-25k at least.why are you on here anyway? especially after you have just managed to win at HOME,after parking the bus and had two attempts all day (you cant count bent boys cock up)you sad fuckers look like you thought you had won the league at the end.
We haven't won anything for 35 years yet our average home attendance has been 40k for the last 4 years. In the championship we average about 32k. I'd suggest that is very similar to what City would get in a similar situation. Fucking spelk.

calm yerself down chap. there's plenty of city on here who've been around for decades. they know sunderlands got good support and vice versa.

Not having a go at City supporters at all. Got more time for City fans than almost any other club. Can see a lot of similarities between us (eg. being treated like shit in the media etc. and having the success of a local team rammed down our face and how great their fans are etc even though most of them only joined the bandwagon with success).

So the sooner City win the EPL the better imo.

However that poster was being a twat.

I went to the cup replay at Roker Park I'm 1973 when Sunderland got their biggest crowd for years , there was fans with red and White on who didn't know the way or where they were going it was that long since they had been , as it was our first vist we had to ask a copper directions .
I also went first match at stadium of light against City on a Friday night never had a problem with the mackems

SAFCadam said:
INLINEFIVE said:
SAFCadam said:
We haven't won anything for 35 years yet our average home attendance has been 40k for the last 4 years. In the championship we average about 32k. I'd suggest that is very similar to what City would get in a similar situation. Fucking spelk.

calm yerself down chap. there's plenty of city on here who've been around for decades. they know sunderlands got good support and vice versa.

Not having a go at City supporters at all. Got more time for City fans than almost any other club. Can see a lot of similarities between us (eg. being treated like shit in the media etc. and having the success of a local team rammed down our face and how great their fans are etc even though most of them only joined the bandwagon with success).

So the sooner City win the EPL the better imo.

However that poster was being a twat.

Stop it, the league will suffice;)

kippax_blueboy said:
Sunderland said:
i8rags said:
Sunderland= Geordies with their brains kicked in.

Fuck me. Clearly you have the comedic nous of Bernard Manning.

Your first names not Paul is it?

I used to know a Sunderland fan called Paul who lived in Manchester in the 80's / early 90's.

Not me, mate.

But if it helps, the lass I married was from Manchester, and her dad followed Man United home and away. Long story short I made sure my two lads grew up in the North East and in the process deprived Manchester of two United fans.

Nearly got out of hand one night after too much drink, so I told him to fuck off and get some more of your own kids if you want some more United fans, adopt some or something.

INLINEFIVE said:
Sky Blue said:
Sunderland said:
That 90/91 match. We were originally given 10,000 tickets. Then another 2,000. At the most we had a couple of hundred in your end. So I'd make that just over 12,000..

That's more like it. The other lad had it up to 18k and growing! You had loads in The Kippax when you played us in the Cup in 73.

definately not growing over 18k. numbers always reported as 15k minimum.
we sold 15k. there was more than a couple of hundred mixed in as i'm sure every city fan on here knows. i know the police let as many more into the ends as they could to keep them off the streets but there was still loads left outside.

believe what you want. i'll say we took only 2,000 and stayed up if it makes people happy.

You're doing yourself a disservice there; must have been 40,000 Sunderland at Maine Road that day!

How I love a footballing myth! And whose number are always reported anyway? Those of Sunderland fans, usually by other Sunderland fans!

These figures have never added up IMO. I very much doubt that the Platt Lane and Kippax corner held anything like 15-18,000, and although there were a lot of Sunderland fans there, to suggest they had almost half the 39,194 crowd that day is pushing it a bit to say the least, especially when you consider that the corresponding game at Roker Park hosted 23,137. Roker might have been a pokey old hole by then, but it still held a few more than that!

BTH said:
INLINEFIVE said:
Sky Blue said:

definately not growing over 18k. numbers always reported as 15k minimum.
we sold 15k. there was more than a couple of hundred mixed in as i'm sure every city fan on here knows. i know the police let as many more into the ends as they could to keep them off the streets but there was still loads left outside.

believe what you want. i'll say we took only 2,000 and stayed up if it makes people happy.

You're doing yourself a disservice there; must have been 40,000 Sunderland at Maine Road that day!

How I love a footballing myth! And whose number are always reported anyway? Those of Sunderland fans, usually by other Sunderland fans!

These figures have never added up IMO. I very much doubt that the Platt Lane and Kippax corner held anything like 15-18,000, and although there were a lot of Sunderland fans there, to suggest they had almost half the 39,194 crowd that day is pushing it a bit to say the least, especially when you consider that the corresponding game at Roker Park hosted 23,137. Roker might have been a pokey old hole by then, but it still held a few more than that!

get yourself on youtube then my friend, watch and read
manchester city sunderland 1991

15,000 were sold officially

and lastly, if you weren't there ask a few city fans who were, as most older heads on this forum seem to think its the most aways at maine road.

if it makes you happy this is what really happened. we only sold 1,200 out of our 1,500 allocation. the other 300 were newcastle fans who offered to help us out on the day to save our blushes.

Hate to read some of the comments on here from City fans. Some really do bring shame on us and sound like arrogant rags.

Last minute goals always create more of an atmosphere outside and there were mouthy ones on both sides.

I've been to Sunderland loads of times and always found the fans to be sound. Proper football fans who you can always have a chat and a laugh with. Couple of years ago went in Fitzgeralds before the game, I was dying for a piss so went straight to the gents. When I came out a few Sunderland fans had sussed my lads were City fans and they were stood chatting to them and insisting on buying us drinks. Had a great laugh with them.

Only sour note was a few weeks ago when my eldest lad, who is now at Uni there, was set upon by a few idiots after the Blackburn game. He was walking to work in the town centre as the fans were coming away from the game and they assumed he was a Blackburn fan. Only let him off when he flashed his work jacket at them and made it clear he was just going to work. But I put that down to the small % of ***** that every club has.

robsta said:
Hate to read some of the comments on here from City fans. Some really do bring shame on us and sound like arrogant rags.

Last minute goals always create more of an atmosphere outside and there were mouthy ones on both sides.

I've been to Sunderland loads of times and always found the fans to be sound. Proper football fans who you can always have a chat and a laugh with. Couple of years ago went in Fitzgeralds before the game, I was dying for a piss so went straight to the gents. When I came out a few Sunderland fans had sussed my lads were City fans and they were stood chatting to them and insisting on buying us drinks. Had a great laugh with them.

Only sour note was a few weeks ago when my eldest lad, who is now at Uni there, was set upon by a few idiots after the Blackburn game. He was walking to work in the town centre as the fans were coming away from the game and they assumed he was a Blackburn fan. Only let him off when he flashed his work jacket at them and made it clear he was just going to work. But I put that down to the small % of ***** that every club has.

sorry to hear and hope he got to work ok!!
surprised he was mistaken for a blackburn fan, they didn't have any in the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.