To the stupid person who let off the banger

chris_m said:
RyantheBlue said:
Stewards were a joke, I got cracked in the back of the head right on the right hand side of our allocation for shouting across to the Sunderland fans, who were giving their fair share of abuse.

Sunderland fans seemed fine before the game, decent enough lads, and typical response from a couple of fans after beating us in the last minute, so no complaints about that. I heard the banger but never saw the police horse, as soon as I saw police horses I ran off, I'm actually terrified of them LOL!

I got chucked out on 91 minutes, we lost the ball, i booted a seat and it shattered. I'd never cause damage, knew I was wrong, told the stewards, and asked if i could see the end. He carted me out. I know I shouldn't have done it but I'm sure he reacted over the top after I told him before he noticed

One of the stewards grabbed me and I sort of hit his hand off, if you know what I mean? And he just lashed out, then it kinda just descended into nothingness, copper came over and just told us all to get out, not a nice fella the steward though!

INLINEFIVE said:
robsta said:
INLINEFIVE said:
sorry to hear and hope he got to work ok!!
surprised he was mistaken for a blackburn fan, they didn't have any in the ground.
From what I saw on the highlights Blackburn had the usual few there to carry on the "Keane out" protest.
He got there ok thanks, just a bit shook up. He had no chance on his own but luckily his work jacket convinced them.

what does he do for work in the centre? i'm involved in bars and nightclubs, sometimes in sunderland but mainly in newcastle.
blackburn fans must have had a small steve keane out banner that day. think they'd sewn two hankies together and brought it up on a bicycle.

Up until a few weeks ago he worked at Frankie & Benny's but he was always getting put on 12 hour shifts and finishing after midnight. So he kacked that and got a job at Iceland. Similar money and hours are more sociable. It was his Iceland fleece that did the trick.

chris_m said:
I got chucked out on 91 minutes, we lost the ball, i booted a seat and it shattered. I'd never cause damage, knew I was wrong, told the stewards, and asked if i could see the end. He carted me out. I know I shouldn't have done it but I'm sure he reacted over the top after I told him before he noticed
Lesson one, don't give yourself up, lesson two, get yourself on an anger management course, its only a football match.

franksinatra said:
INLINEFIVE said:
BTH said:
You're doing yourself a disservice there; must have been 40,000 Sunderland at Maine Road that day!

How I love a footballing myth! And whose number are always reported anyway? Those of Sunderland fans, usually by other Sunderland fans!

These figures have never added up IMO. I very much doubt that the Platt Lane and Kippax corner held anything like 15-18,000, and although there were a lot of Sunderland fans there, to suggest they had almost half the 39,194 crowd that day is pushing it a bit to say the least, especially when you consider that the corresponding game at Roker Park hosted 23,137. Roker might have been a pokey old hole by then, but it still held a few more than that!

get yourself on youtube then my friend, watch and read
manchester city sunderland 1991

15,000 were sold officially

and lastly, if you weren't there ask a few city fans who were, as most older heads on this forum seem to think its the most aways at maine road.

if it makes you happy this is what really happened. we only sold 1,200 out of our 1,500 allocation. the other 300 were newcastle fans who offered to help us out on the day to save our blushes.

In fairness the Kippax and Platt Lane away allocation added up to 12,000. But regardless it was an excellent following and you had a few dotted around the home end.

I always remember that game as at half time the James anthem came on Sit down and loads of us sat down on the kippax singing what ast the time was one my favourite song.

All in all it was an incredible day, and pretty cruel how you went 2-1 up just before half time before I think quinny equalised, it makes you think it wasnt your day.

Two names I havent thought about in years...Marco Gabbiadini? and Jason Beckford...Happy memories.

fair comment but many will confirm they let thousands pay on top of the tickets that were sold under police instruction. it got to a point where they cut it off and the rest were locked out.
on youtube even the city fan mentions about the sunderland fans who then tried to break down the kippax side gates. if you watch the video of the kippax its rammed. Theres another post that confirms there was loads who went into the kippax home section, not as a p**s take but out of necessity.

cleavers said:
chris_m said:
Lesson one, don't give yourself up, lesson two, get yourself on an anger management course, its only a football match.

lol, anger management for kicking a seat?

Nowt wrong with showing a bit of anger/passion after a loss like that unless you've led a sheltered life :p

I agree about not turning yourself in though

INLINEFIVE said:
franksinatra said:
INLINEFIVE said:
get yourself on youtube then my friend, watch and read
manchester city sunderland 1991

15,000 were sold officially

and lastly, if you weren't there ask a few city fans who were, as most older heads on this forum seem to think its the most aways at maine road.

if it makes you happy this is what really happened. we only sold 1,200 out of our 1,500 allocation. the other 300 were newcastle fans who offered to help us out on the day to save our blushes.

In fairness the Kippax and Platt Lane away allocation added up to 12,000. But regardless it was an excellent following and you had a few dotted around the home end.

I always remember that game as at half time the James anthem came on Sit down and loads of us sat down on the kippax singing what ast the time was one my favourite song.

All in all it was an incredible day, and pretty cruel how you went 2-1 up just before half time before I think quinny equalised, it makes you think it wasnt your day.

Two names I havent thought about in years...Marco Gabbiadini? and Jason Beckford...Happy memories.

fair comment but many will confirm they let thousands pay on top of the tickets that were sold under police instruction. it got to a point where they cut it off and the rest were locked out.
on youtube even the city fan mentions about the sunderland fans who then tried to break down the kippax side gates. if you watch the video of the kippax its rammed. Theres another post that confirms there was loads who went into the kippax home section, not as a p**s take but out of necessity.

The exact numbers is not so important anyway, and a statistic nobody would be able to prove either way. What we can agree on it was a fantastic following.

If I remember rightly it was fancy dress day for your lot aswell. Strange day I really wanted to win to finish above United but part of me was sad that we sent Sunderland down. As we were a yo yo club at that time we could certainly empathise.

There was no problem, mate, until some of yours started acting like bell ends.

Saw two of yours knocked clean out.

I don't condone anything like that, no excuses.

But from a logic point of view, it takes two to tango and some of yours were acting up and basically setting their lips up.

The chances of getting a crack outside our ground are around 0.01%, because the daft lads know they'll be lifted straight away and looking at 2 years. So, for something to happen it's usually a spur of the moment thing and not the lads as such - more just normal fellas wound up.

There are daft lads at every club - seen lots of it at Man City over years. One of ours stabbed in the back in the '70s. Seen a black fella running around with a carving knife outside Maine Road. Even later, 97ish, seen yours picking off fans.

Both of the Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs always have a gobby element who come to Sunderland and after the match basically make a nuisance of themselves.

I think by and large you'll find Sunderland fans actually quite like Man City. Similar to us in that both have a good, loyal following and have had to put up with the taunts of near neighbours for the last 30 odd year. We, of all fans, can empathise with that.[/quote]

Not being funny mate but majority of your fans are bellends, in fact most from the North East are. Sunderland always come to our ground and get gobby behind police and stewards, you did let a pink smoke bomb off at the 5-0 last season (pink? Lmao). And as for your club tbh I don't really care about you, just dislike most of your fans.

robsta said:
INLINEFIVE said:
robsta said:
From what I saw on the highlights Blackburn had the usual few there to carry on the "Keane out" protest.
He got there ok thanks, just a bit shook up. He had no chance on his own but luckily his work jacket convinced them.

what does he do for work in the centre? i'm involved in bars and nightclubs, sometimes in sunderland but mainly in newcastle.
blackburn fans must have had a small steve keane out banner that day. think they'd sewn two hankies together and brought it up on a bicycle.

Up until a few weeks ago he worked at Frankie & Benny's but he was always getting put on 12 hour shifts and finishing after midnight. So he kacked that and got a job at Iceland. Similar money and hours are more sociable. It was his Iceland fleece that did the trick.

ah right, thought he might have worked in a bar/club but remember it was a daytime kickoff.
i might of known him or at least where he worked.
it's normally not too bad as long as you don't wear black and white on derby day but if he's at uni he must be clever enough to know that already.

franksinatra said:
INLINEFIVE said:
franksinatra said:

The exact numbers is not so important anyway, and a statistic nobody would be able to prove either way. What we can agree on it was a fantastic following.

If I remember rightly it was fancy dress day for your lot aswell. Strange day I really wanted to win to finish above United but part of me was sad that we sent Sunderland down. As we were a yo yo club at that time we could certainly empathise.

fancy dress, you cheeky manc? they were my best togs!!!!!
with the numbers your right, who's to say. i'll promise there was 15k minimum and leave the remainder to legend. it was a sad day for us.
one day we might lift a trophy and i hope all the city fans who shared that day will remember us with a fond smile!!!

INLINEFIVE said:
franksinatra said:
INLINEFIVE said:

fancy dress, you cheeky manc? they were my best togs!!!!!
with the numbers your right, who's to say. i'll promise there was 15k minimum and leave the remainder to legend. it was a sad day for us.
one day we might lift a trophy and i hope all the city fans who shared that day will remember us with a fond smile!!!

So you always dress like Fred Flinstone then? Regardless of what some say, I wouldnt begrudge clubs like Sunderland, West Ham, Derby their day in the sun. Maybe with MON that could become a possibility as he is a top class manager and is a fantastic acquisition by the club. Without being disrespectful he should have really been competing for the top jobs at Chelsea, Pool with his track record in the premier league. So its definitely a feather in the cap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.