Tobacco free

better dead than red

It's been two months since I quit tobacco cold turkey. The first week was easy. I was on holiday and always on the go.

After that "back in the world" was HARD! I had to learn everything all over again. What do I do whilst driving to work? After meals? When I'm pissed, etc? I used sweets. I've gained about 7 lbs trying to satisfy the oral fixation and think about using almost every day.

I wish I could say it was for health reasons only but, honestly, the cost of using has gotten so high. (Yes, I say using because this is like a drug and I was a user/am an addict. :( )

I want to backslde and use again everyday but I haven't yet. I try to take it hour by hour, day by day. I've dropped the sweets for sugar free bubble gum.

It's been two months since I quit tobacco cold turkey. The first week was easy. I was on holiday and always on the go.

After that "back in the world" was HARD! I had to learn everything all over again. What do I do whilst driving to work? After meals? When I'm pissed, etc? I used sweets. I've gained about 7 lbs trying to satisfy the oral fixation and think about using almost every day.

I wish I could say it was for health reasons only but, honestly, the cost of using has gotten so high. (Yes, I say using because this is like a drug and I was a user/am an addict. :( )

I want to backslde and use again everyday but I haven't yet. I try to take it hour by hour, day by day. I've dropped the sweets for sugar free bubble gum.

I quit on New years day. Just got rid of the craving stage,put on two stone.
Now i am ready to lose the weight.
Only yesterday a guy sat smoking with his lit cig under my nose, i didn't even want to rip it out of his hand and smoke it.
Keep going.

I quit on New years day. Just got rid of the craving stage,put on two stone.
Now i am ready to lose the weight.
Only yesterday a guy sat smoking with his lit cig under my nose, i didn't even want to rip it out of his hand and smoke it.
Keep going.
Happy for and proud of you, mate. The putting on weight brings me down. I knew it would happen. Though, I've seen my oral fixation diminishing so hope is on the horizon.

Thanks for the kind words. Keep up the good work yourself, friend.

Keep going I am sure you will get there.

I had a health scare caused by smoking and found it piss easy to give up - the option being death - not the way to give up that I would recommend to anyone but a sure fire winner I have to say.

Keep at it, it will be worth it in the end :)

I quit by using a vape for 2 years and then quit that and for me that worked a treat as it took out the habit forming of what to do with your fucking hands when you pack fags in, play the PS fag in hand, driving fag in hand, pint fag in hand etc etc.

It has been over 2 years free of anything smoking related (3 in September and 5 with no real fags)

I could easily smoke 50 thin rolled lol rollies in my job driving, so if I can quit I am sure plenty of people can do it.

Best of luck :)

Oh I put two stone on lol but have lost that now, so now I am just back to normal fat and not super fat lol

Great for you! I would suggest to add some exercise and the endorphins your body releases will help you fight cravings and keep you on the right track.
Yeah, I exercise regularly, it wasn't enough to compensate for the increase in calories. Hopefully, things will start getting better now that I'm not taking in so much sugar/useless calories.

Keep going I am sure you will get there.

I had a health scare caused by smoking and found it piss easy to give up - the option being death - not the way to give up that I would recommend to anyone but a sure fire winner I have to say.

It's sad it came to that but good for you for quitting.

I actually had a neighbour who smoked, got cancer and had a lung removed. Once out of the hospital he continued smoking. Cancer took him not more than 2 years later.

It's sad it came to that but good for you for quitting.

I actually had a neighbour who smoked, got cancer and had a lung removed. Once out of the hospital he continued smoking. Cancer took him not more than 2 years later.

Then he was a fool - had the warning and ignored it. I had a TIA and was told stop smoking or have a stroke - the choice was made plain to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.