Today’s US police shooting of an unarmed person thread

But he threw it away surreptitiously during the chase and the cop couldn't have seen him do it.
The fact is they told him to stop he did. They told him to put his hands in the air, he did, they told him to turn around which he also did. Even if he still had the gun in his hand, which he didn't, it is wrong to then shoot him in the chest.
Are there no white criminals in America because if there are they never seem to get shot

But he was unarmed and he did exactly what the officer asked him to do and was still executed on the street.
I have never been in a situation like that but I cannot understand why the officer didn't tell him to lie down. That lessens the danger if the suspect is still armed
If the officer believed he had a gun the last thing you want is a suspect facing you.
It really does like Black Lives Don't Matter in the US.

I'm sure plenty get shot. Such cases rarely seem to make international news though.
More white people get shot than black people, but obviously there are more white people than black people in the country. Proportionally, black people are far more likely to be shot, and in particular more likely to be shot when unarmed. This suggests that perhaps black people are more likely to be interpreted as a threat by police officers in the heat of the moment. Or that there are enough racists in the police force to skew the statistics. There are obviously problems with police engagement regardless of race too, as well as social problems that have little to do with the police that explain why black people are more likely to end up caught up in crime in the first place.

But he was unarmed and he did exactly what the officer asked him to do and was still executed on the street.
He ran the officer ragged first, so he didn’t really do what the officer told him.....because he was armed and didn’t want to get caught

He ran the officer ragged first, so he didn’t really do what the officer told him.....because he was armed and didn’t want to get caught
He was unarmed and following instruction when he was shot.

He should have carried on running in hindsight.

He was also a fucking child mate. 13.

He was unarmed and following instruction when he was shot.

He should have carried on running in hindsight.

He was also a fucking child mate. 13.
Definitely fucked up I agree, part of a pattern that needs to stop. Did you get a chance to look at that video I posted of Denzil Washington ? He talks about driving around Chicago and seeing gangs of children as young as 11, can’t remember what their nickname was, anyhoo...they’re armed by the gangs and are responsible for a lot of deaths.

Police are armed in the USA - it's unfortunately necessary because of gun rights in the States - most criminals will be armed - and an unarmed police force will simply be shot dead/threatened - rendering law enforcement mostly ineffective.

So, given that police must be armed by default - how can we mitigate against unwarranted shootings? Better training for sure.

And laws/measures such as the "Police bill of rights" - need to go. Cops are no different than individual citizens - no more or less likely to be criminal.

Furthermore, technology - e.g. body cams - are now available - to disentangle police malefeasease from rightful action.
===
Due to technology - mostly - and societal focus on this issue - I'm optimistic that accidental police shootings will decrease in the near future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.