Today’s US police shooting of an unarmed person thread

I wouldn't be inclined to set a lot of store by this article as a guide to what specifically happened with Adam Toledo. The guy seems to base his argument on a book about gangs from 1950, and I'd imagine the research has moved on a lot since then. While his basic point seems reasonable enough, so far as it goes - difficult or dysfunctional experiences in the family and in childhood can contribute to criminal behaviour in teens and young adults - it doesn't tell us anything about Toledo or the circumstances in which he was killed, and I don't think it changes the fact that a 13 year old is a child. After all that's the point of having an age of criminal responsibility - we recognise that children are children, by definition.

I wouldn't be inclined to set a lot of store by this article as a guide to what specifically happened with Adam Toledo. The guy seems to base his argument on a book about gangs from 1950, and I'd imagine the research has moved on a lot since then. While his basic point seems reasonable enough, so far as it goes - difficult or dysfunctional experiences in the family and in childhood can contribute to criminal behaviour in teens and young adults - it doesn't tell us anything about Toledo or the circumstances in which he was killed, and I don't think it changes the fact that a 13 year old is a child. After all that's the point of having an age of criminal responsibility - we recognise that children are children, by definition.
Just putting it out there for perspective

I'm sure plenty get shot. Such cases rarely seem to make international news though.
Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021. In 2020, there were 1,021 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 there were 999 fatal shootings. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 35 fatal shootings per million of the population as of March 2021.

Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021. In 2020, there were 1,021 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 there were 999 fatal shootings. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 35 fatal shootings per million of the population as of March 2021.
I have no problem with that statistic, if an armed robber comes out of a bank shooting wildly like you see in Dirty Harry, shoot him dead.
My issue is with gung ho white cops killing/murdering black people. This latest incident highlights this. The simple solution when the boy had stopped running was to tell him to lie down and then hand cuff him. I wonder if he told him to turn round just so he could 'legitimately' shoot him i.e. not in the back.

She wasn’t shot I suppose but hog-tieing a 70 woman with dementia shows how brave these officers are.

Very slightly off topic as the guy in the mobility scooter that was shot 9 times may have been holding a knife as he was driving away from the “cop”.

Seriously, what the fuck kinda scumbag do they employ over there? Who needs due process when you have cunts with guns patrolling the streets eh.

Ps, and was that 9th shot really necessary? (Not that the proceeding 8 were of course)

Very slightly off topic as the guy in the mobility scooter that was shot 9 times may have been holding a knife as he was driving away from the “cop”.

Seriously, what the fuck kinda scumbag do they employ over there? Who needs due process when you have cunts with guns patrolling the streets eh.

Ps, and was that 9th shot really necessary? (Not that the proceeding 8 were of course)

I swear they're just itching to kill someone, like you said what's the point of the pause and one last shot!!! Then cuffs him. Fucking mental.

Did he run out of bullets?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.