Today:An experience and a new perspective.

Amigo

Today is a perfect day for me.
We took some great friends, sporty people who are more into rugby tbf to the game due to the absence of a season ticket holding family. On the way to the game had a great level headed chat, a drink in the eastlands before we got in the ground. Outside the ground saw Tommy Booth and Joe Corrigan, got two autograhps and in we went. Met some more friends and got in the ground.

Watching players warming up gave me a new perspective watching city, the two boys, in their teens were awestruck, seeing Tevez, Hart, Given, Silva, Ballotelli and others warming up, yet we're used to this. We expect results, we take what we have for granted, interesting for us.

Then the game, beforehand putting a cheeky £2.40 bet on 4-0 ;) was awesome, thats £65+ in the pot!

Afterwards a nice meal, and sat watching Birmingham's last minute goal.

Great day.
PS
Sorry for the random post :)

Amigo said:
We took some great friends, sporty people who are more into rugby tbf to the game due to the absence of a season ticket holding family. On the way to the game had a great level headed chat, a drink in the eastlands before we got in the ground. Outside the ground saw Tommy Booth and Joe Corrigan, got two autograhps and in we went. Met some more friends and got in the ground.

Watching players warming up gave me a new perspective watching city, the two boys, in their teens were awestruck, seeing Tevez, Hart, Given, Silva, Ballotelli and others warming up, yet we're used to this. We expect results, we take what we have for granted, interesting for us.

Then the game, beforehand putting a cheeky £2.40 bet on 4-0 ;) was awesome, thats £65+ in the pot!

Great day.
PS
Dont be sorry mate, its a great post, nice to read and a reminder of just where we are now, do you ever think if dickov hadn't scored that late goal ,would all this still be happening, personally I dont think it would,I shudder to think where we would be, glad you had a great day mate and i'm sure there are many many more to come.

I took our paintball team to the friendly with Valencia and i get begged all the time now for me to take them, took a lad to the everton match who had never been to a football game in his life even though it was a poor results he loved it.

I think its good when people bring new people along.

danebanksheik said:
Top post and exactly why we should welcome each and every new fan to the ground.

Every match, it's someones first ever City game. We all had our 'first game' at some point. Whether they've been brought to a game through family or friend pressure or attracted by our new found success, welcome one, welcome all.

We took 3 along today who have never been before. Londoners so have supported fulham all their lives (ones a spurs fan) they absolutely loved it.

and the young girl who doesnt like football wants to come again... result!

themadinventor said:
Amigo said:

Great day.
PS
Dont be sorry mate, its a great post, nice to read and a reminder of just where we are now, do you ever think if dickov hadn't scored that late goal ,would all this still be happening, personally I dont think it would,I shudder to think where we would be, glad you had a great day mate and i'm sure there are many many more to come.

I think this all the time about that day at Wembley. And when we never get a last minute goal I always think we got the one we needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.