Today Is National Shaun (The Goat) Goater Day In Bermuda:

It's known as football tribalism and I fucking loved every minute of that game.
Yes from before the game with the twat boasting about never being beaten by City. The start with him being a pathetic child in the tunnel to feeding the goat and the coup de gras of his standing ovation. Great day indeed and well done to the beer throwers in later years.

Yes from before the game with the twat boasting about never being beaten by City. The start with him being a pathetic child in the tunnel to feeding the goat and the coup de gras of his standing ovation. Great day indeed and well done to the beer throwers in later years.
Luverly Jubbly as a certain Cockney market trader once remarked !!

Just looked on Wikipedia and two things I never realised (1) he has the fastest goal in PL history as a sub (2) 400 City fans went to his last career game at Southend (since been beaten). Mind you I probably did know and had just forgo, senile FOC that I am

Last edited:
Just looked on Wikipedia and two things I never realised (1) he has the fastest goal in PL history as a sub (2) 400 City fans went to his last career game at Southend (since been beaten). Mind you I probably did know and had just forgo, senile FOC that I am
What do you mean by “(since been beaten)” mate?

Very true about The Goat ,at times being a bit of a light in dark times. Over the years supporting City I think 'Feed the Goat' is one of the songs that has been sung with the most genuine feeling and affection. He didn't go down too well at first did he though! Us going down (to the old 3rd probably didn't help soon after he signed).
Of all his 100+ goals obviously the 'he's behind you Gary', the one at Blackburn and the one he 'shouldered'(!?) In at the play off semi are the ones that immediately spring to mind. One of my favs had to be the one at Gilkingham ,I was sat on the home end that day and even the locals were applauding that one!
Couple of other things, great photo of the 'Shaun Goater appreciation bedroom'. The other one, that Silver away kit was bloody awful wasn't it!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.