Today's shooting in America thread

I’m serious. It’s one thing having a nutbag President that’s a risk to world peace and sharing an opinion on that... but this is a specific constitutional change that is none of our business.

Something happened in the 1770’s, not sure what, but Britain agreed to back off from American domestic policy.

I’m serious. It’s one thing having a nutbag President that’s a risk to world peace and sharing an opinion on that... but this is a specific constitutional change that is none of our business.

Something happened in the 1770’s, not sure what, but Britain agreed to back off from American domestic policy.
You don’t have to convince me

What if you're Mexican and a relative of someone killed by smuggled guns from the USA?

Research has shown that many weapons and arms trafficked into Mexico are from gun dealers in the United States via straw purchasers.[102] In response to a 2009 GAO report, the DHS pointed out that the "majority" were 3,480 U.S. origin guns of 4,000 successfully traceable by ATF. These were the arms investigated out a total of 30,000 firearms seized in Mexico 2004 to 2008.[103] Most of the weapons end up in the hands of cartels

To further demonstrate the point, the USA is primary source country of semi-automatic Kalashnikov assault weapons into Mexico. There is a law that bans assault weapons in the USA but it only applies to weapons made after 1986, the majority of automatic weapons would have been produced in the cold war era, so it doesn't apply anyway.

Just a point to demonstrate that "this is a matter for Americans" is a bit simplistic for a world in which none of us live in a bubble (individually or collectively) free of consequences to or from the wider world outside. I don't think this would be a useful or persuasive argument with the gun nuts of why they should disarm in favour of aiding better social conditions for Mexicans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.