Today's shooting in America thread

A couple of articles on the positive correlation that gun laws have on increasing police violence and killings by officers.

America doesn't come out favourably in that list. The countries that are worse are often ridden with endemic drug trafficking led organised criminality, authoritarian systems of government or are other countries with lax gun laws.

Saw an extremely disturbing video today of this incident -

Fuck knows how it came to be in the public domain and honestly wish I hadn't watched. Over snow ffs.
I've seen it, I think I've seen the suicide video also, that's even more disturbing

I have seen a couple of vids about this particular incident. Kurt Andras Reinhold has come from the alcohol store and has crossed a road. 2 officers are sat in a patrol car and witness this action. You will hear the discussion about it prior to the incident.

You will also see different angles of the incident and you can draw your own conclusions on why the police thought the end result was 'justified'.

Please note the original 'offence' is not actioned 98% of the time and the action is not viewed as lawful considering the end result.

I have seen a couple of vids about this particular incident. Kurt Andras Reinhold has come from the alcohol store and has crossed a road. 2 officers are sat in a patrol car and witness this action. You will hear the discussion about it prior to the incident.

You will also see different angles of the incident and you can draw your own conclusions on why the police thought the end result was 'justified'.

Please note the original 'offence' is not actioned 98% of the time and the action is not viewed as lawful considering the end result.

Land of the free can't even cross the road however you want, honestly scumbags.

The stock answer is that he resisted arrest, he should have complied but.... and this is a big but.

Being shot for crossing the road? What a miserable world we live in. If two coppers can't detain one person without keeping a close eye on their firearms during the process it's negligent to say the least.

I'd like to add a caveat to that though, I have some experience in subduing individuals who don't comply and in no confrontation have I ever thought about shooting the individual, although I am not an American copper so I can't speak for how they feel or mitigate the threats they face.

Sad loss of life whatever the moral decision you come to on this.

The stock answer is that he resisted arrest, he should have complied but.... and this is a big but.

Being shot for crossing the road? What a miserable world we live in. If two coppers can't detain one person without keeping a close eye on their firearms during the process it's negligent to say the least.

I'd like to add a caveat to that though, I have some experience in subduing individuals who don't comply and in no confrontation have I ever thought about shooting the individual, although I am not an American copper so I can't speak for how they feel or mitigate the threats they face.

Sad loss of life whatever the moral decision you come to on this.
At no point was the guy who was shot under arrest. He was free to walk away at any point. The police officers escalated the situation, and someone is dead as a result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.