Today's shooting in America thread

I'm going back to the u.s. tomorrow, my wife and my life for 30 years are there, but in my few days away i've seen a sunrise and a sunset over the Lake District, eaten fish & chips on the quiet Lancashire coast, seen a rather good football match and never for a moment thought that any of the folk i've spoken to carried a gun. Going back to where people have been shot recently going to the store, school, church, walking down the street or riding a subway train and know it will continue until a few Republicans in the Senate have the courage to join their fellow Americans in wanting to limit the supply of weapons instead of being in thrall to the N.R. fuckin' A.

I was reading about this in the Daily United Mail, all the Yank fool comments were saying outlawing guns won't work.

I made a comment for the first time ever. I said 'it did in Australia"

Since Port Arthur in the 90s massacre and guns were banned, zero mass shootings. Not 1.
They blame it all on mental health, not the guns. Well everywhere has mental health issues but not everywhere has easy access to guns. Take away the guns and hey presto! Mass shootings diminish

So sad and it’s unimaginable what those kids went through and what the parents are now going through.

Sadly though it means nothing other than another tragedy. Nothing will be done, we will see all the usual sound bites but in a few days it will be just another news story and they will be onto the next mass shooting.
In a few days they will all be at the NRA rally in Houston getting their pockets lined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.