Today's shooting in America thread

Was at the Jefferson Memorial in DC on a nice run today and took a picture of this quote engraved on the wall thinking of this thread (I can’t upload the photo but trust me . . .)

I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR FREQUENT
CHANGES IN LAWS AND CONSTITUTIONS.
BUT LAWS AND INSTITUTIONS MUST GO
HAND IN HAND WITH THE PROGRESS
OF THE HUMAN MIND. AS THAT BECOMES
MORE DEVELOPED, MORE ENLIGHTENED,
AS NEW DISCOVERIES ARE MADE, NEXT
TRUTHS DISCOVERED AND MANNERS AND
OPINIONS CHANGE, WITH THE CHANGE
OF CIRCUMSTANCES, INSTITUTIONS
MUST ADVANCE ALSO TO KEEP PACE
WITH THE TIMES. WE MIGHT AS WELL
REQUIRE A MAN TO WEAR STILL THE
COAT WHICH FITTED HIM WHEN A BOY
AS CIVILIZED SOCIETY TO REMAIN
EVER UNDER THE REGIMEN OF THEIR
BARBAROUS ANCESTORS.

Was at the Jefferson Memorial in DC on a nice run today and took a picture of this quote engraved on the wall thinking of this thread (I can’t upload the photo but trust me . . .)

I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR FREQUENT
CHANGES IN LAWS AND CONSTITUTIONS.
BUT LAWS AND INSTITUTIONS MUST GO
HAND IN HAND WITH THE PROGRESS
OF THE HUMAN MIND. AS THAT BECOMES
MORE DEVELOPED, MORE ENLIGHTENED,
AS NEW DISCOVERIES ARE MADE, NEXT
TRUTHS DISCOVERED AND MANNERS AND
OPINIONS CHANGE, WITH THE CHANGE
OF CIRCUMSTANCES, INSTITUTIONS
MUST ADVANCE ALSO TO KEEP PACE
WITH THE TIMES. WE MIGHT AS WELL
REQUIRE A MAN TO WEAR STILL THE
COAT WHICH FITTED HIM WHEN A BOY
AS CIVILIZED SOCIETY TO REMAIN
EVER UNDER THE REGIMEN OF THEIR
BARBAROUS ANCESTORS.
1655653465203.png
Nabbed from Google...

I think Jefferson might have been overly optimistic on the 'progress of the human mind'.

View attachment 47408
Nabbed from Google...

I think Jefferson might have been overly optimistic on the 'progress of the human mind'.
It’s very quiet Sunday in DC before the Juneteenth gatherings on the Mall. Was very peaceful and no one in the JM. Made me think about the ideals upon which the nation was founded and how corrupted they have become in so many ways since Trump but also before of course historically. Makes me both sick and hopeful at the same time. And Jefferson was flawed and minds have progressed since his day. Just not enough.

This story is getting really bad for the police.

This week it’s been revealed that 1) the door the gunman “barricaded” himself behind was never locked, the police just refused to go in.

2) They had assault rifles and ballistic shields, not just handguns as they reported initially.

They just stood there for an hour and let him slaughter those children.

Ohio voted to arm teachers after 24hrs worth of training.....

So I guess the question now.... will a teacher shoot a student or a student a teacher first with the guns they are adding?
You can see the consequences before they happen.

Little Johnny reached into his bag to get a pencil out, but was shot in the head by his teacher as they thought he was reaching for a gun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.