Tokyo 2020 Olympics/Paralympics

I go away tomorrow so I've not got the time to post the schedule but found the Great Britain schedule on the Olympic website. Doesn't break down the potential finals so you'd have to click on it throughout the day to find out if anyone's made the final.

GB Schedule:

The men's individual pursuit was ridiculous. Apparently you have to compete in two events, so it was GB vs. Germany, but both athletes were sprinters in a longer distance event. So they both went out and sprinted the first km, and then just slowed down for the rest of the race and didn't even bother. Kinda makes a mockery of it tbh.

Second British team just done the same (to a lesser extent, to be fair).

Last edited:
Channel 4 coverage is refreshing. Compared to BBC coverage of the Olympics it's incredibly informative in a non patronising way and not afraid to be uncomfortable.

The adverts simulating some of the conditions are a fantastic idea.

Just watched the final triathlete races which were fantastic again. 3 medals overall as George Peasgood won a silver and Lauren Steadman and Claire Cashmore winning gold and bronze respectively. Fantastic races in oppressive heat and humidity despite the early starts with temps already around the 30°C mark. Well done to them all. Also want to wish the mens wheelchair rugby team good luck in their final against the USA later on. Around 10am UK time I believe. Great TV viewing if you get the chance.

This wheelchair rugby final on now is going to be a really close match, GB vs USA.
Saw the semi final where we beat Japan and that was a great game too. It just started at 10am, so I’d recommend watching it now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.