Tokyo

bluemoon32

Team supported
City
My youngest Son is 15 this year and this will probably be the last holiday he'll want to spend with his old man.
I gave him the choice of going anywhere and he's decided on Tokyo ffs.
Anyone been, any tips, what to do, not to do etc etc
Tokyo ffs

Finding something to do should be very easy ;-)

tumblr_mcu03pwHJx1r811g5o1_500.jpg

Spent 10 days in Japan in October , 5 of which were spent in Tokyo . An absolutely amazing place with so much going on . Not too sure I would know what to suggest to do with your 15 year old son as most of the free time we had was spent in the local bars and visiting rappongi ( not for the faint hearted ) but still worth a visit if you keep your wits about you

Stayed at the Hotel New Otani where they filmed the James Bond film " You Only Live Twice " , again quite an experience in itself but perhaps not somewhere I would return to . The bullet trains are incredible and you can set your clock by them , never late . The whole culture is quite amazing and built all around respect for each other . Everything is so organised , and for gods sake , don't jay walk as you will get lynched . Perhaps you need to check out some local tour guides as I think you would need to do quite a bit of research before you left . Oh and I hope you both like fish , raw fish that is , nothing like the sushi we have hear

Overall loved Japan and all it had to offer , but quite a full on place and not perhaps somewhere I would go to relax . If you go hope you both have a great time

bluemoon32 said:
My youngest Son is 15 this year and this will probably be the last holiday he'll want to spend with his old man.
I gave him the choice of going anywhere and he's decided on Tokyo ffs.
Anyone been, any tips, what to do, not to do etc etc
Tokyo ffs

Fair play, letting your kid chose where to go on holiday is a brilliant thing to do. There's a lot worse places he could of chosen, like Skegness.

I'm going there next week. Staying at somewhere called Hotel Monterey La Soeur Ginza, no idea what it's like or where it is, but I think (hope) it's near Tokyo station.

I'm making my way there and back on my own as my girlfriend is rendezvousing with her parents in Singapore first, and I have to say I'm slightly shitting myself. Her mum sent me a map of the Tokyo underground/monorail to show me where to go, and it is absolutely mental, like some kind of circuit board.

Someone gave me some good advice which was to get the name of the station I need to get to and the name of my hotel written in Japanese, so I can show it to people if I get stuck.

I'll report back in two weeks!

Underground is a piece of cake. And it works which might confuse western visitors.

Great place, but whatever you do, don't press the orange button on the toilet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.