Next James Bond?

Will be interesting to see how Daniel Craig's future as a bond goes.
Really like him in CR, Quantum of Solace was just bizzare on so many levels.
There's talk in the media of him really getting to grips with the character and putting his own slant on it in Skyfall, which I'm really looking forward to actually.

On Idris Elba, he's a great actor, but it would be strange seeing a black bond. But that being said, some of these conventions are there to be broken.

Just leave it alone FFS! I am sure Ian Flemming created the character as a white British agent for no other reason than he created him as a white British agent! No race issue, just the right man for the character!

johnmc said:
stony said:
No, no, fucking no. He would be a terrible Bond. I honestly don't understand why they have to fuck about with a successful formula. Daniel Craig is brilliant as Bond and is arguably the best one yet.
I'm not sure why they want to make Bond black, but it sounds like a gimmick.

Not sure why a fictional character can't be black white or yellow.

Is Daniel Craig the best bond or has the writing been better and the special effects bigger recently?

Because the author and creator of Bond said he was white, and Daniel Craig brings some of the original edge back to Bond, who was always described as handsome but cruel looking.

It would be like having a black Robin Hood or a white Shaft.

BOMBER7967 said:
Just leave it alone FFS! I am sure Ian Flemming created the character as a white British agent for no other reason than he created him as a white British agent! No race issue, just the right man for the character!

But as the OP suggests its just taken for granted that Bond is white and is not implied in any of the books. If the first Bond on film was black we would take it that that was Flemings intention.

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:57 pm --

stony said:
johnmc said:
stony said:
No, no, fucking no. He would be a terrible Bond. I honestly don't understand why they have to fuck about with a successful formula. Daniel Craig is brilliant as Bond and is arguably the best one yet.

Is Daniel Craig the best bond or has the writing been better and the special effects bigger recently?

Because the author and creator of Bond said he was white, and Daniel Craig brings some of the original edge back to Bond, who was always described as handsome but cruel looking.

Does he say Bond is white in the books. Serious question. If so then fine but I'm not sure it's important. I'd make a great shaft.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:59 pm --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
johnmc said:
stony said:

What about Coca Cola doing their xmas adverts with a black father christmas?

It wouldn't bother me? Would it bother you? Should a coke advert in Africa portray a white Santa by proxy?

BOMBER7967 said:

Did he create a female M then or a black felix? The best actor at the time for the role should get it. Everyone is raving about this new bond and it wasn't even written by Flemming FFS. That has got to be worth more to Bond fans than the colour of 007's skin.

johnmc said:
Does he say Bond is white in the books. Serious question. If so then fine but I'm not sure it's important. I'd make a great shaft.

Fleming said his vision of Bond was like Hoagy Carmichael but more cruel looking

130px-HoagyCarmichael.jpg

stony said:
johnmc said:
Does he say Bond is white in the books. Serious question. If so then fine but I'm not sure it's important. I'd make a great shaft.

Fleming said his vision of Bond was like Hoagy Carmichael but more cruel looking

Ok. Fine. That's his vision and all of the bonds portraying Flemings vision have been white. What if the new writers have a different vision? I'm sure part of Flemings vision was due to the fact when he started writing a black British secret agent was unheard of.

johnmc said:
stony said:
johnmc said:

Ok. Fine. That's his vision and all of the bonds portraying Flemings vision have been white. What if the new writers have a different vision? I'm sure part of Flemings vision was due to the fact when he started writing a black British secret agent was unheard of.
There is also a thing called tradition to be fair.

What if our owners wanted City's colours to be red?

johnmc said:
BOMBER7967 said:

But as the OP suggests its just taken for granted that Bond is white and is not implied in any of the books. If the first Bond on film was black we would take it that that was Flemings intention.

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:57 pm --

stony said:
johnmc said:

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:59 pm --

forevermancity said:
johnmc said:

What about Coca Cola doing their xmas adverts with a black father christmas?

It wouldn't bother me? Would it bother you? Should a coke advert in Africa portray a white Santa by proxy?

im not talking about what would bother you, stop trying to make a racist arguement into it

This arguement has decended into afew pc nerds vs the real world

johnmc said:
stony said:
johnmc said:

You've changed your tune. You said you would be fine with it but now you want to change the parameters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.