Next James Bond?

forevermancity said:
im not talking about what would bother you, stop trying to make a racist arguement into it

This arguement has decended into few pc nerds vs the real world

I'm just not sure why Bond has to be white. If that means I'm trying to start a racist argument or am a pc nerd then I apologise for giving my opinion.

The tradition argument is fine. But city changing colours isn't the same in my eyes. City are a real club not fictional. The argument might be what if Roy of rovers changed strip.

Top notch actor, he would be a great Bond.

Apparently he was in the running for the role of Alex Cross in the imaginatively titled 'Alex Cross'. Wherever I read that nugget of info speculated that he took a look at the script and said 'thanks but no thanks' cos apparently its gash.

I agree that the next Bond should be black, purely for reasons of encouraging racial equality.

I also think that Rupert Grint should be given the lead role in the new Martin Luther King biopic.

And Jamie Foxx would make the perfect Robin Hood.

Think Daniel Craig will have the role for quite a long time and then who knows who'll have come through to be a potential candidate.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:23 am --<br /><br />
johnmc said:
forevermancity said:
im not talking about what would bother you, stop trying to make a racist arguement into it

This arguement has decended into few pc nerds vs the real world

I'm just not sure why Bond has to be white. If that means I'm trying to start a racist argument or am a pc nerd then I apologise for giving my opinion.

The tradition argument is fine. But city changing colours isn't the same in my eyes. City are a real club not fictional. The argument might be what if Roy of rovers changed strip.

I like films to be truthful to at least the fundamentals of the books they are based on, so it would depend in my opinion on what, if anything, Fleming has described of Bond's physical features.

I don't think Daniel Craig looks like a Bond, and haven't been convinced by his performances thus far. I haven't seen Skyfall though so let's see if he's better.

Bigga said:
...last year Idris said if he were to become the next Bond he would not be happy if the attention was purely focused on the colour of his skin.
Talking to U.S. radio station NPR, he said: 'My Dad and I were talking about this the other day because he said 'You could do it, would you do it?' I was like 'Yeah, I would do it, but I just don't want to be called the first black James Bond'. Do you understand what I 'm saying?
'Sean Connery wasn't the Scottish James Bond and Daniel Craig wasn't the blue-eyed James Bond.
'So if I played him, I don't want to be called the black James Bond.'

However, the actor who is famed for taking on the role of drug baron Stringer Bell on HBO hit The Wire, quipped that if the role of 007 became his he would accept it in true Bond style.
Idris joked: ''If Sony decided to call me and said hey, we wanted to do [James Bond], I'd definitely consider it.
'I'd not only get in the cab, but I'd take the taxi driver out of the car, hostage, jump out while it was moving, jump onto a pedal bike that was just past the door as I got on it, and then get onto a plane - on the wing - and land on top of Sony Studios, slide through the air conditioning, and land in the office.
He continued: 'I'm never shaken or stirred.'

I don't remember 'Bond' having a racial denomination from the books, just an assumption.

Yay or nay...?
His colour was never mentioned in the books . However befor he died Ian Fleming was asked which actor was closest to the character.
His reply was ....

Timothy Dalton .

If we are going to go down this route why not have the next Bond as female.

'He was about six feet tall, slim and fit-looking. The eyes in the lean, slightly tanned face were a very clear grey-blue and as they observed the men they were cold and watchful.'

From 'The Spy Who Loved Me' by Ian Fleming with Vivienne Michelle.
Book club version, page 122. (The book is written as a first person account by the novel's prime character Vivienne Michelle- the book is nothing like the Moore film).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.