Tom Ritchie ("City 'til I Cry" fanzine) RIP - Funeral today 14th October

Very sad to read this news. I Bought Tom's fanzine back in the '90s and got to know him well at away games, He loved City and was seriously funny at times. He can't be much older than me. I hope his wife and family can see how well was respected amongst us City fans. RIP mate.
It’s been overwhelming, but it has been a huge help. Can’t deny that some of the tears have been from laughing at the memories. Thank you

An earlier post jogged my memory: The Times did a piece on Tom as part of their brilliant “Down Amongst The Dead Men” weekly series on City in division 2. It is reproduced in the brilliant book of the same name. The gist of it was that City’s continued shitness and his devotion had affected Tom’s mental health and cost him relationships.
He’s still got that press cutting somewhere, as he took great pride in showing it me when we first started seeing other. Obviously out to impress :). I’ll try and find it for Thursday

There was a great turnout at Accrington Cemetery today, to say farewell to our old friend Tom Ritchie. There were plenty of old faces and City colours in attendance. The Crematorium was full and Tom's wife Lesley gave an exceptional speech. The music featured some of Tom's favourites and the floral tributes were lovely. It was an excellent way to remember one of Citys most loyal supporters over the last 50 years who will be much missed by so many people.

Thank you to Ric and Phil, the admins of this site, who helped publicise the details for today. To Ruben Dias for his video message and the guys who organised it. To the club for what they have done in recognising Tom. Also to Rodney Marsh for his help in publicising todays funeral.

As Tom would often say........"Never get out of the Boat"...........RIP Tom

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.