Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

People in football are fucking stupid. I know fans aren't supposed to say that, but especially in the lower leagues theres a massive amount of gut instinct bollocks and reputation based stuff and managers who think Sam Allardyce is progressive.

If we bring Doyle and Foden through into the City side, people will be queuing up to loan or buy our next prospect, and then they get better loans, and get sold to better clubs, and the academy gets a reputation.

This is why people will pay stupid money for La Masia graduates, or United kids. And why clubs will accept suicidal loan deals for Chelsea players where if they don't play, they owe Chelsea crippling amounts of money and lose the player.

IMO the biggest mistake the club makes is they loan out to unstable clubs. Often we'll loan someone, they'll start and play, and then the manager is gone by November and the new guy doesn't rate our loanee, but they're stuck there until June.
Loaning to unstable clubs is right on the money. Combined with loaning to clubs who are simply in a completely different situation.

I am more in favour of loaning a kid to a better club in the 2nd division than a crappy club in the 1st division (any top country).

The crappy club is scrapping to survive and likely has to defend heavily most games, which is not how city youth players are use to playing. They are used to dominating and attacking.

Maybe for defenders the alternate is better, but we mostly loaned out attacking players to crappy teams.

Rather he didn’t go on loan and we actually brought him through. Our loan moves have been awful so far and for me if one of our youngsters goes on loan it means they aren’t playing for us.

He'll continue to be blooded in the next season or two. I think he's being groomed/prepped to take over for Gundo once his services are no longer required or his skills are diminished and deemed surplus to requirements.

Definitely, as a defensive midfielder to add to to Gundo and Rodri with more box to box capability like Ferna. He does the simple things well and can succeed if he shows the determination, drive and leadership of his grandfathers

Great news. Perhaps the silver lining in us not signing another CM is that this will mean more opportunities for Tommy.

From his interview it sounds like he’s remaining with the first team this season and given a lot of our fan base seem to think we are lacking another option, combined with the hectic schedule, he could find himself in a similar position that Garcia did last season, for example and emerge as a solid squad option.

If there’s anybody we want in a City shirt, the grandson of two legends is that player.

Brilliant news. Hopefully he get more first team games this season.

I think he’s the next one who will make the first team. He has all the tools to be a top class player and I think the club see that as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.