Toni Duggan joins Barcelona

I do get confused sometimes as to what can/ cannot be posted on here. I thought most of it was light hearted banter. Personally I did not find any of the posts offensive.Pehaps a degree in psychology should be a pre requisite before any body qualifies as a poster.

I think she probably felt she had her nose pushed out and, though still valued, feared she''d be marginalised further with no contract offer forthcoming from the club - she did some great things for the team, though, imo on occasion,her play flattered to deceive (so to speak), that said she deserves credit for her contribution, she has a super life as a pro' footballer and I wish her well at Barca - will keep an eye on how it goes for her - Cheers Toni, it's been good.

Must admit, I don't like the whole Carli Lloyd situation.

Play for us or don't.

She takes up a space, someone who committed their time to the club, deserves.

Respected or not, if it's just the Chumps League she wants to play in, she can fook off.
TBF, I think it is, in her, Alex Morgan and others, a case of playing for a good club against good competition in the off season.

To blame it all on Carli Lloyd is a bit and unfair. If City didn't want her on the team or like what she was doing they don't have to sign her. Same goes for Alex Morgan and Lyon.

I think both parties got something out of the Lloyd deal. Had a feeling her influence in the team wasn't completely positive but as some one said previously, she boosted our profile.

Onwards and upwards.

That's probably true. It is my understanding she's even alienated her family at times. That being said, I'd bet a month's pay City's men's team have had players that helped the club win but weren't particularly liked in the dressing room. I'd also guess most fans don't care as long as the club wins.

I suppose that's one way to avoid mingling with the 'holiday crowd' on flights to Spain.

Really impressed with what I saw of her on the OS, good luck for the future.

Now I couldn't give a fuck if you don't like woman's football but what I find odd is that you actively opened a thread and then went to all that effort to reply to something you are not interested in, I guess the thought of not opening the thread and spewing your caveman like bile all over the place never even entered your tiny tiny brain.

Spare me, you're garbage.
For someone who "couldn't give a fuck" you've gone to great length showing the exact opposite. I thank you for taking that time and effort.
As you were...

TBF, I think it is, in her, Alex Morgan and others, a case of playing for a good club against good competition in the off season.

To blame it all on Carli Lloyd is a bit and unfair. If City didn't want her on the team or like what she was doing they don't have to sign her. Same goes for Alex Morgan and Lyon.

I agree mate. I think another reason City brought Carli Lloyd over is that maybe they want to set up a women's team in New York and she would be their star player. She mentioned something in her last interview before heading back stateside that it might happen in the future. Lloyd is from New Jersey and I'm sure she would jump at the chance to return home to the east coast. Having her at City for those months exposed the City brand to many female soccer fans and young players.
Anyway good luck to Toni Duggan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.