Toni Duggan Retires

Kinkys Left Foot

Team supported
City
Former City forward Toni Duggan has announced her retirement from professional football.

A member of our inaugural professional side back in 2014, the England international went on to make 75 appearances in all competitions for the Blues.

The forward found the net 34 times during that three-year period at the Joie Stadium, with only Caroline Weir, Nikita Parris, Lauren Hemp, Georgia Stanway and Khadija ‘Bunny’ Shaw able to better that tally to this day.

Duggan’s name will forever be written into our history though as our first-ever professional goalscorer, with her brace earning us a 2-1 FA Cup win over Reading in our maiden fixture since that 2014 relaunch.

She would finish top scorer in that first season where we placed fifth in our first WSL campaign and won the Continental Cup

City Page

I always liked Toni, felt like she never quite reached her peak with us and there was always a bit more in her game.

She obviously took a break to have a baby and seemed to never really find her full fitness as an athlete post partum. I have some fond memories of some crackers shes scored for us in those early days. i wish her and her family well in whatever she turns her hand to.

Despite being a "scouse cow" like Greenwood she was always our "scouse cow!" lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.