Toni Kroos

zlaz3r

We should be all over this, his contract runs out in the summer 2015, which means he has 1 year left in the summer.
We would fit perfectly in the midfield, + he is only 24.

The Germany international has yet to agree a new deal with his current club and the Premier League champions are closely monitoring his situation

Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos has refused to rule out leaving the reigning German champions amid links with Manchester United.

The 24-year-old has a contract with the Bavarians until June 2015, but talks over a new deal for the Germany international have so far been unfruitful.

Manchester United are closely monitoring the midfielder's situation at Bayern and Kroos has admitted that a move abroad could be tempting at some point in the future.

"I am unable to rule anything out," Kroos told Kicker when questioned about his future.

"I am under contract with Bayern Munich. Actually there are no further [contract] talks scheduled as of yet. I will therefore fully focus on the second half of the season.

"There are worse situations in life. I play for a top club, and under a top coach. I am pleased, and sometime in the future a decision will be made."

Kroos joined Bayern Munich from Hansa Rostock in the summer of 2006 and has developed into a key player at the Champions League holders since his return from a loan spell at Bayer Leverkusen in 2010.

The Germany international has been in sublime form for FCB this season, making 30 appearances in all competitions so far.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/01/28/4576157/kroos-refuses-to-rule-out-bayern-exit-amid-man-united-links?ICID=HP_BN_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... ID=HP_BN_1</a>

Re: Toni Kross

Mayor West said:
I'd prefer Toni Kroos to be honest.

I wouldn't mind but he's quoted an article with the correct spelling!

Great player but would he fit into our system? I can't see him playing as one of the two holders or in either of the wide positions. Looks perfect for a 4-3-3 but not quite for a 4-2-2-2 for me.

kenzie115 said:
Mayor West said:

Great player but would he fit into our system? I can't see him playing as one of the two holders or in either of the wide positions. Looks perfect for a 4-3-3 but not quite for a 4-2-2-2 for me.

So if we didn't get Matuidi, you can't see Kroos sharing a midfield of two with Yaya and Fernandinho ?

zlaz3r said:
kenzie115 said:
Mayor West said:

So if we didn't get Matuidi, you can see Kroos sharing a midfield of two with Yaya and Fernandinho ?

I don't think either would be bought with the idea of playing a 4-3-3 regularly. Pellegrini has made it pretty clear that he likes having two strikers up front which invariably means we'll have only two central midfielders. By all accounts Matuidi would be cover for Yaya or Dinho if he came in but I can't see Kroos either wanting to be cover, or being able to perform as well in that role as he does in Bayern's 4-3-3.

kenzie115 said:
zlaz3r said:
kenzie115 said:

So if we didn't get Matuidi, you can see Kroos sharing a midfield of two with Yaya and Fernandinho ?

I don't think either would be bought with the idea of playing a 4-3-3 regularly. Pellegrini has made it pretty clear that he likes having two strikers up front which invariably means we'll have only two central midfielders. By all accounts Matuidi would be cover for Yaya or Dinho if he came in but I can't see Kroos either wanting to be cover, or being able to perform as well in that role as he does in Bayern's 4-3-3.

I think he would be a good signing but wouldn't fit into things straight away. He would be Yaya's successor if we signed him. Yaya isn't getting any younger and we don't have a backup who can do what he does, no real creativity from midfield. Nobody in the world can replace exactly what Yaya does but Kroos would actually be a decent candidate and could do a surprisingly similar job, I think.

Kroos is only 24 and although not a monster like Yaya is a pretty solid player. He is as creative if not more than Yaya, has greater agility for pressing but less strength and speed and doesn't drive forward with the ball. He has a good shot on him and is two footed. Like Yaya he never gives away possession and puts in a decent amount of defensive work and is well drilled at pressing from Bayern.

He would sit and be our playmaker while also moving forward to join attacks in the same way Yaya does now but I think he would provide better coverage of midfield and give Fernandinho a bit less running to do.

If we signed him I would be delighted as we do not have a proper creative midfielder after Yaya and at such a young age would be a great investment. I do agree that he might be even more effective in a 3 man midfield where he can concentrate solely on creating but he would be capable of playing in a 2 man midfield next to Fernandinho. Maybe there are other players more suited to how Pelle wants the team to play but I personally would love to have him here and we definitely need to be thinking of a replacement for Yaya in the next few years, whether that is a like for like or someone who brings something new to the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.