Tonight's games (continued)

BlueTony said:
Could someone clear something up for me re the rags first goal?

It looked obvious that Berbatov was offside as the ball was passed (forward) to the right, he kept moving forward and shot. Although he was not offside from the cross into the box did the moment he touched the ball cause him to be offside from the original pass or not?

If you were female we would all be in shit.

BlueTony said:
Could someone clear something up for me re the rags first goal?

It looked obvious that Berbatov was offside as the ball was passed (forward) to the right, he kept moving forward and shot. Although he was not offside from the cross into the box did the moment he touched the ball cause him to be offside from the original pass or not?

Grey area in the rules.

However he most probably should have been given offside

Sugarloaf said:
I'll start,

Blackpool commited suicide by continuing to attack while the rags were picking them off with wave after wave of attack.

The game completely changed when Giggs and Chickpea came on. Funny how they didn't start scoring until Shrek went off. They did what we couldn't do against Villa, they got behind their back four and chicky gay boy should have scored 4.

Holloway was an idiot to not just sit on the 2-0.
TBH, Blackpool didn't park the bus like Villa though. The 2-1 and 2-2 that little piss and Berbatoss scored, there were only 1 or 2 defenders in the 6 yards box with keeper, shock defending really!

How the hell is that clown Walton still ref this league week in week out is beyond me as well!

Sugarloaf said:
wanderer72 said:
This was definitely a penalty for Blackpool.

Btw, what happened to the thread?

I dunno, the blackpool fella wasn't in control of the ball. The ref would be looking at their feet. Ninja turtle stood his ground with a firm shoulder charge. I've seen them given, but one of them I suppose.

If NDJ did that in the middle of the pitch, would it be a foul? That's what you have to consider when awarding pens.

I just watched it about 5 times in HD. Penalty in any sensible ref's book, the Blackpool fella touched it perfectly, the ball was already ahead of him when the Trafford Butcher stonewalled him, rather openly so.

Actually, probably penalty plus a red card, need to check whether there was anyone behind him, but I doubt it.

And yes, it would be a foul, even a yellow.

Holloway's interview is up:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9373797.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 373797.stm</a>

He verbally masturbates them. Unbelievable. And talks about United's challengers, Chelsea, Arsenal, and... Spurs. Hope Blackpool go down!

Sugarloaf said:
wanderer72 said:
This was definitely a penalty for Blackpool.

Btw, what happened to the thread?

I dunno, the blackpool fella wasn't in control of the ball. The ref would be looking at their feet. Ninja turtle stood his ground with a firm shoulder charge. I've seen them given, but one of them I suppose.

If NDJ did that in the middle of the pitch, would it be a foul? That's what you have to consider when awarding pens.
he gave nani (fake mike jackson ) a free kick for excat same challenge beginning of first half when he slid ball to berbflop but he was off side plus dont think we won a game with him as ref for 5 years

definite penalty, which would of been 3-0, which would of been game over.

they've pretty much got away with it again.

walton will be one of the first to parade and congratulate the rags on a fine season.

Tonight has me realize that we're alot further in our development then perhaps some would like to admit. Yes, I know people keep saying United got lucky with the penalty (and they did), but they still came from 2-0 down to win, and its not the first time, it happened against Villa this season, Everton at Goodison a few years back, Maine Road, they just keep doing it. Since we've been taken over, alot of wonderful players have come to the club, but I honestly think we're a long way off from becoming a really top team. When was the last time City came from 2-0 down to win a game, or scored a last minute winner? Too many times an average or poor performance results in a defeat. Things like mentality, attitude, and team-spirit play a huge rule in a successful team, and take time to develop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.