Tonight's games (continued)

In tears here.

Fucking devvoed.Really thought at 2 down that Blackpool would literally batter them and then us losing to Villa wouldn't matter that much.I think this result rules us out of the title now.Hope I'm wrong, but those twats really seem like they cant be beaten.It's mental considering how poor they are.

wanderer72 said:
Sugarloaf said:
I dunno, the blackpool fella wasn't in control of the ball. The ref would be looking at their feet. Ninja turtle stood his ground with a firm shoulder charge. I've seen them given, but one of them I suppose.

If NDJ did that in the middle of the pitch, would it be a foul? That's what you have to consider when awarding pens.

I just watched it about 5 times in HD. Penalty in any sensible ref's book, the Blackpool fella touched it perfectly, the ball was already ahead of him when the Trafford Butcher stonewalled him, rather openly so.

Actually, probably penalty plus a red card, need to check whether there was anyone behind him, but I doubt it.

And yes, it would be a foul, even a yellow.

Steve McManaman said on ESPN that he didn't reckon it was a pen. The ball was not under control and Butcher boy stood his ground, but it could have easily been given.

I dunno, many blues try to find a conspiracy everytime THEY win, but in the second half they should have bagged 8. Chickpea should have had 4. That was down to Holloway's bizarre tactics. Putting on strikers and trying to pile forward when they should have parked the bus. That's why they lost the game tonight.

TheBigLad said:
In tears here.

Fucking devvoed.Really thought at 2 down that Blackpool would literally batter them and then us losing to Villa wouldn't matter that much.I think this result rules us out of the title now.Hope I'm wrong, but those twats really seem like they cant be beaten.It's mental considering how poor they are.

In tears?

What odds were the scum at half time, I was down the pub, but with a laptop in front of me I would have made some money tonight just wondered how much. Every team bends over for these cunts makes me sick.

mcfcliam said:
TheBigLad said:
In tears here.

In tears?

Yes.

I'm an emotional guy!

Freestyler said:
definite penalty, which would of been 3-0, which would of been game over.

they've pretty much got away with it again.

walton will be one of the first to parade and congratulate the rags on a fine season.
Would it though? did anyone seriously think that it was game over when Campbell bagged Blackpool's second? Hate the vermin as we all do, it has to be said that they never give up on a lost cause. They did the same at Villa earlier in the season ( 2 down going into the last 10 minutes). That's four points (that I can remember) that they gained from being two down. Can anyone on here say that they would back City to do the same; honestly?

Unknown_Genius said:
Tonight has me realize that we're alot further in our development then perhaps some would like to admit. Yes, I know people keep saying United got lucky with the penalty (and they did), but they still came from 2-0 down to win, and its not the first time, it happened against Villa this season, Everton at Goodison a few years back, Maine Road, they just keep doing it. Since we've been taken over, alot of wonderful players have come to the club, but I honestly think we're a long way off from becoming a really top team. When was the last time City came from 2-0 down to win a game, or scored a last minute winner? Too many times an average or poor performance results in a defeat. Things like mentality, attitude, and team-spirit play a huge rule in a successful team, and take time to develop.

I agree with you, but I reckon Baconface was to blame for his team selection in the first half. As soon as he changed it around they starting getting behind their back four and looked like they could do something. That gibson fella is pure shite. Long may his days at the swamp continue.

Well I'm happy enough Blackpool lost and Villa won. Great win and fully deserved.

Could you get a more stereotypical United performance though? Firstly they get a decision from the Referee losing 2-0. Then they go out and win the game 3-2 in the last 20 minutes with a remarkable comeback. I suppose that's why they have been champions so many times. Luck, fight and ability is a deadly combo.

jimharri said:
Freestyler said:
definite penalty, which would of been 3-0, which would of been game over.

they've pretty much got away with it again.

walton will be one of the first to parade and congratulate the rags on a fine season.
Would it though? did anyone seriously think that it was game over when Campbell bagged Blackpool's second? Hate the vermin as we all do, it has to be said that they never give up on a lost cause. They did the same at Villa earlier in the season ( 2 down going into the last 10 minutes). That's four points (that I can remember) that they gained from being two down. Can anyone on here say that they would back City to do the same; honestly?

at 2-0 i said it wasn't game over, but 3-0 why not?

blackpool were on fire at the time, united would of pushed on, blackpool would of had them on the counter easily, they ripped them apart at times.

2-0 no, 3-0 it's over, you can afford to sit back, at 2-0 you don't and they did for most of the second half and they paid the price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.