Tonight's games (continued)

Just seen it, actually not as clear cut as people make out. It's still a penalty but because Rafael didn't go down and almost sort of took control of the ball, it made it less clear cut.

Hmmm interesting one. Seen them given but certainly not a 'omfg, what a shit decision, that's terrible'

Unknown_Genius said:
Tonight has me realize that we're alot further in our development then perhaps some would like to admit. Yes, I know people keep saying United got lucky with the penalty (and they did), but they still came from 2-0 down to win, and its not the first time, it happened against Villa this season, Everton at Goodison a few years back, Maine Road, they just keep doing it. Since we've been taken over, alot of wonderful players have come to the club, but I honestly think we're a long way off from becoming a really top team. When was the last time City came from 2-0 down to win a game, or scored a last minute winner? Too many times an average or poor performance results in a defeat. Things like mentality, attitude, and team-spirit play a huge rule in a successful team, and take time to develop.

Was it this one?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0[/youtube]

Unknown_Genius said:
Tonight has me realize that we're alot further in our development then perhaps some would like to admit. Yes, I know people keep saying United got lucky with the penalty (and they did), but they still came from 2-0 down to win, and its not the first time, it happened against Villa this season, Everton at Goodison a few years back, Maine Road, they just keep doing it. Since we've been taken over, alot of wonderful players have come to the club, but I honestly think we're a long way off from becoming a really top team. When was the last time City came from 2-0 down to win a game, or scored a last minute winner? Too many times an average or poor performance results in a defeat. Things like mentality, attitude, and team-spirit play a huge rule in a successful team, and take time to develop.

This, though even the chap who won the lottery twice is not this "lucky".

They can hurt the refs and the refs know it. I was amused watching Fergie gesticulate towards the technical area ref bastard. The coward just keeps swallowing saliva and grimacing like he's facing the bloody shooting squad... Then he just nods, and speaks to someone. Says it all, really.

Will people stop saying United are poor, they've just come from 2-0 down with 60 minutes on the clock and picked up 3 points, away from home. They're still evidently a very good side and it always felt like it was going to happen even when Blackpool went 2-0 up.

Hopefully they will drop points in the games with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and our good selves, with a few shock results thrown in, allowing us or another club to win the title but at the moment it's looking like they will win it.

The sad fact is, as long as that whisky sodden decrepit old bastard is around he will get the best out of decent/average players like Fletcher, Gibson and Smalling, and pensioners like Scholes and Giggs will keep provided quality for him, keeping them competitive.

We'll get them in the end when our squad has had a good solid year together, the chopping and changing stops and we form a very solid spine allowing us to compete for the next 10 years minimum.

Villan10 said:
Just seen it, actually not as clear cut as people make out. It's still a penalty but because Rafael didn't go down and almost sort of took control of the ball, it made it less clear cut.

Hmmm interesting one. Seen them given but certainly not a 'omfg, what a shit decision, that's terrible'

Sorry, but this is the stupidest statement I've heard in a while. I understand you are basically parroting what they said on ESPN, but I am as amused by that nonsense as Savage was.

It's not really a matter of whether you've seen it given, but of whether it's a penalty according to the rules and it clearly is.

Am I the only one who thinks Blackpool bent over

How can you be that great in the first half and all over the place in the second. I've heard Blackpool tired, bollocks, they're not a Blue Square side. They just lost concentration and fucking bottled it.

Villan10 said:

Walton isn't just getting slagged for that one decision mate he was awful all night and us blues hate him anyway.
Utd have never lost when he has ref'd them and in 5 years we have never won with him reffing us, even tacking in to consideration we have been poor for 5 years and them at the top of the pile thats some stat.
He never fails to upset us as City fans when he ref's us due to very very poor decisions.

Fwiw I don't think it was a pen. The Blackpool player jumped into Rafael. Great goal from Hernandez after a great touch and pass from Giggs.
Tbh I didn't think we'd claw it back. They battered us for 55-60 mins and I thought we'd get the defeat that has been on the cards for a while.
A better more experience team would have held on to the lead. In that respect, we were lucky.

friend said:
Fwiw I don't think it was a pen.

Well you support them, not too surprising.

But Peter Walton followed Howard Webb as Twitter trends, meaning thousands upon thousands of people around the world were discussing (negatively) their "suspicious" performances in Man United games. In short, something is very rotten in the core of the FA and everyone recognizes your club gets far more leniency than any other on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.