Tonight's stay aways should hang their heads....{merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tonight's stay aways should hang their heads....

☻ Mãnçhëŝtèr Citÿ FÇ ☻ said:
i would of gone but i live 10000 miles away. is that a good excuse?

Thats is a shit excuse!

You are just a lazy sod :)

i don't believe this, 40 pages of squabble just because some nob tries to tell us we should be at every game! kiam06 you are a complete cnut and a fucking wum! i was there and it cost me 20quid i'm bankrupt and i've lost 20k in all, i scraped the money together from mates and family cos i wanted to go, not cos i have to, i'm 55 and i've been going since i was 6, and i probably won't go again for a while cos of money but if i'm desperate for a game i'll cadge, that's what fans do, we don't question other fans loyalty you tosser so fuck off!!!!

I was in the middle of surgery and i still made it, vital organs flailing in the wind and everything.

Bottom line is these sorts of games will never sell out EVER that's just life and the way it is.
The biggest Clubs in the World don't sell out for midweek low key Cup games.
What this Club does not need is idiots preaching who is a fan and who is not, peoples excuses for not going last night are nothing to do with you high and mighty fans.
Every Club is the same boat when it comes to these sorts of games, or do you not get that?!

I've been a season ticket holder since 1981 and went to a lot of games before that, I didn't go last night... why?
Because I owe the club nothing.

Kiam I do hope you go to every game, every week home or away or I'll be sending round a hit squad to take that number 1 fan trophy of you.

emilymcfc said:
This thread is embarrassing to read as a City fan, hearing people squabble and trying to justify why they went to the game and why they didn't. Nobody should have to justify themselves or be subject to ridicule or hatred if their answer is met with distain.

I agree, in principle, to the issue that Kiam was trying to highlight. But so many people have a variety of various other commitments that stand in the way of attending (mainly) night matches and people who have these issues shouldn't be questioned whatsoever. Whether it be children and a school night, cashflow problems, other arrangements that you can't get out of...they are unquestionable. But for people who say they just couldn't be arsed...if you had the cash and just couldn't be arsed then shame on you. Where's the definition of loyalty in that? And where's the definition of loyalty in saying you will attend the Cup Final but won't bother going to any of the games in the lead-up to that? You should want to and be happy to go and support your football team at all times, whether it be the Premier League, the Carling Cup, the F.A. Cup and so on. Will you be saying 'ah I can't be arsed' when the rags come to Eastlands in April? I highly doubt it...

I think the club should implement some kind of system, based on loyalty points, for the Cup games, to try and encourage supporters to attend (and no, not the recent direct debit scheme, something where you get the first couple of rounds free for season tickets and perhaps an elevated price as we progress).

I'm not bothered if anybody shoots me down for writing my opinion. I have no job and am struggling on jobseekers allowance after graduating from university during the recession (and I job hunt every single day). It was a struggle to pay for my season ticket this year and I went last night because almost every single penny of my jobseekers goes towards following City (I'm lucky that I still live at home with hardly any bills in that respect). I was bored senseless with the football on show last night but...it's City and I went. There was a time when I went to every game home and away, and in Europe, but money now permits that. I have to watch the majority of away games on Sky Sports or Iraq Goals (lol) until my personal situation gets better. So whether you went to Schalke, or Lincoln away, or Wembley in 1999, don't use those games as a weapon in this vacuous thread, you don't need to justify your support. Just show it whenever you possibly can.

Mark Hughes is showing respect to the Cup by fielding his full-strength side, shouldn't we show the same respect and try to show our full-strength support when it permits us too?

I agree though I am sure you will burn inhell I tell you. Burn in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.