Tony Coton

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by GaudinosWheels, 3 Sep 2017.

1. GaudinosWheels

GaudinosWheels

For those that don't know, TC book is out on 21st Sept. Seen snippets on Twitter including a bit about why he never played for England. Was new to me but the reasoning was pure Swales.

Despite where he went he was my childhood hero and still the best GK I have seen play for us (I'm 33).

2. blue cigar

blue cigar

He was the best shot stopper i have seen for us, I'll give this a go, thanks for the heads up.

3. cyberblue

cyberblue

Great goaly and a great person .had a few drinks with him in Amsterdam airport a few years ago

4. Bluwhit

Bluwhit

He's a top bloke like all us Tamworth lads. He still comes back to have a few with his mates in the Bottom House.
    Would be worth a few bob in today's market - thought he had everything personally.

5. Pubteam Lomas

Pubteam Lomas

Absolutely brilliant keeper. He was the best in England at the time. Had a torrid first few months at the club and then played brilliantly at Leeds in the Full Members/Simod Cup.
    From that moment he won City fans over.
    He had a chequered history to say the least when he joined us from Watford. Part of the Birmingham group that loved a scrap and I think only spared a custodial sentence by Graham Taylor pleading his case.
    Will be a good read for sure.

6. Mike N

Mike N

Only goalie I remember to throw his gloves at the ref when he got sent off!

7. I remember wearing a TC England's No.1 T-shirt. Sure I brought it from Piccalilli Records. Class.

8. Cheesy

Cheesy

The Bottom House you say? Live just down the road from there.

Have to meet up for a beer. Though I prefer The Robert Peel :-)

As for TC, my old man knew him a bit back in the day and got him to come along to our junior team games a few times and to present trophies at end of season awards. That was for the mighty Claremont Rovers :-)

9. Bill

Bill

Outstanding keeper. Opponents would pile at us and I'd be chilled. He saved everything.

10. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

Best keeper I've seen at City, absolute class, should have played for England.