Too Much Too Young

Never gonna forget reading something Ross Barkley said about the way young players are treated by managers who rely on them to get results.
I always liked Ross Barkley. I wonder how good he'd be now if he'd spent his first years under someone like Pep.

You could easily point to James Milner or Gareth Barry to show the opposite though. Both played regularly from 17 and have had very long careers. But then Owen, Walcott or Wilshere show the opposite.
Thing is everybody's body is different and develops at different times......Barry was never quick and was not the most athletic looking, but stat wise was the fittest at the club while he was here ;)

In the Blue Corner: Paul Moulden. Imagine the clamour to put him in the PL starting XI when we’re short of goals. I never felt he was being rushed when I was watching him, but then again he was my age.

In the Red Corner, if I must, and making the same point: Marcus Rashford. If he’s still playing aged 32, it’ll be in the J league.

I always liked Ross Barkley. I wonder how good he'd be now if he'd spent his first years under someone like Pep.
Have to be honest here, I never got the hype about him. Is he a good player? On his day, yes; of course. But he always struck me as too inconsistent to be classed as a top drawer player.

Great. This is the start of the new ‘just 17’ phase for his 18th year. Here we go.

In the Blue Corner: Paul Moulden. Imagine the clamour to put him in the PL starting XI when we’re short of goals. I never felt he was being rushed when I was watching him, but then again he was my age.
Sadly when we look at the 7 young Blues who won the 1986 FA Youth Cup with City....
David White, Paul Lake, Paul Moulden, Ian Scott, Andy Hinchcliffe.... all retired early due to injuries.
Only Ian Brightwell and Steve Redmond had a pro-longed career

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.