Top 4 guaranteed CL place from 2018

=
If UEFA want to be fair with that 'Historical Merit' Forest,Villa,Steua,Red Star Belgrade would be allowed in too.

The issue with UEFA's coefficient is that I'd argue that in England, City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool all have some sort of chance of reaching the later stages of the UCL. In Spain, there's Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Atletico. In Germany, Dortmund, Bayern, Monchengladbach and Bayer Leverkusen.

But in Italy, it's only really Juventus. At a stretch you can include Roma and the Milan clubs. France, just PSG. Russia and Ukraine... not really anyone is good enough to do it regularly. So I think there should be four clubs from England, four from Spain and four from Germany, sure, but maybesome of the other leagues are over represented.

The issue with UEFA's coefficient is that I'd argue that in England, City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool all have some sort of chance of reaching the later stages of the UCL. In Spain, there's Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Atletico. In Germany, Dortmund, Bayern, Monchengladbach and Bayer Leverkusen.

But in Italy, it's only really Juventus. At a stretch you can include Roma and the Milan clubs. France, just PSG. Russia and Ukraine... not really anyone is good enough to do it regularly. So I think there should be four clubs from England, four from Spain and four from Germany, sure, but maybesome of the other leagues are over represented.

Aside from the coeff not only relating to the CL, increasing the number from the highest ranked and uncoincidentally richest leagues is a bad idea. The rich get richer at the expense of others, even if it's the rare occasion when the 4th side doesn't make the group stages.

Reduce the other leagues? Maybe we should just call it a Superleague! The clubs beat UEFA up again, and it's not good for the game.

Will surely mean lower viewership in many of the smaller EU countries. We like to watch our own teams compete against the best. How is it fair that PSV has to do 2 qualifiying rounds while the 4th team in italy/germany get instant groupstages. You can surely stop calling it championsleague if this change comes through.

Another example of the rich dictating to the rest, though suchis the disparity in money in the game now, if a club from a "minor" league qualify even once it could destroy that league for 20 years

Will surely mean lower viewership in many of the smaller EU countries. We like to watch our own teams compete against the best. How is it fair that PSV has to do 2 qualifiying rounds while the 4th team in italy/germany get instant groupstages. You can surely stop calling it championsleague if this change comes through.

Since its creation, it should never have been called the Champions league as half the clubs that enter the group stage are not the Champions of their own nation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.