Top 4 race 19/20

I think Mason Mount is going to be a great player with a couple of seasons under his belt, he reminds me of a young Sergio, will be a test of Chelsea’s resolve if they fail to qualify for the CL and other teams come knocking.
I don't see that comparison as he plays much deeper,and has greater endurance and mobility - he is much more similar to his manager but with an added athleticism.Both he and Tammy are shining lights.

I don't see that comparison as he plays much deeper,and has greater endurance and mobility - he is much more similar to his manager but with an added athleticism.Both he and Tammy are shining lights.
I see a predatory instinct in Mount similar to Sergio, less impressed with Abraham.

Its quite simple........players have left including their best,they have a transfer ban in place so they are integrating youngsters and they have a new manager in charge.......they are obviously still trialling new systems,one of which failed them and benefitted the Rags.

So......Rebuilding/regrouping doesn't seem too far from fact IMO.
I'd agree that Chelsea are regrouping / rebuilding but I'd always thought it funny that United were a team in "transition" when Fergie left. It was like the press had to invent that concept of " transition" to avoid saying that United were rubbish. I don't think I'd heard the word used before.

Not sure where all this soft language where Chelsea are concerned comes from...regrouping /rebuilding. ..imo they are just crap.a closely fought victory dogfight at newly promoted norwich can't hide the fact that oppenents are scoring a hatful against a weak unchosive team ..Leicester City ripped straight through the heart of lampards team and had success down the flanks too ...this man had better learn quickly how to set his team up to defend/as a unit
Utd? Crap.
If City were ever to start 'rebuiding' and slip down the league it would be a crisis and we d be crap.that's what I'm calling Chelsea. ..and their league placing suggests im right.
Got a hell of a lot of respect for Lampard as a player ,one of the best professional footballers ive ever seen...but he is out of his depth,just like ole.

I was at the game and the Leicester game and the reality was for the first 30 or so minutes Chelsea tore Leicester to pieces. Mount could possibly and should have had a first half hattrick. There was no doubt that Leicester played far better in the second half but you really shouldn’t underestimate just how much the Liverpool game in Istanbul 4 days prior took out of the players.
As for Chelsea as a defensive unit Rudiger missing the start of the season and Kanté injuries have impacted massively on how FL has had to set up that along with Reece James being out injured hasn’t helped.Add to that CHO will be fit after the International break then the squad will have far more depth.
Norwich played really well going forward, they caused Liverpool all sorts of problems and destroyed Newcastle Ok they may well struggle but at this point in time they haven’t done badly
FL is finding his feet and it’s far too early to dismiss as you are doing as for league position Chelsea are equal on points with the 5th placed team. I think things will change once the likes of Mount and Abraham realise that they are PL players and going back to Reece James I personally think he when fit will become a regular starter.

Its quite simple........players have left including their best,they have a transfer ban in place so they are integrating youngsters and they have a new manager in charge.......they are obviously still trialling new systems,one of which failed them and benefitted the Rags.

So......Rebuilding/regrouping doesn't seem too far from fact IMO.
Yeah your right.but they are still crap.

I was at the game and the Leicester game and the reality was for the first 30 or so minutes Chelsea tore Leicester to pieces. Mount could possibly and should have had a first half hattrick. There was no doubt that Leicester played far better in the second half but you really shouldn’t underestimate just how much the Liverpool game in Istanbul 4 days prior took out of the players.
As for Chelsea as a defensive unit Rudiger missing the start of the season and Kanté injuries have impacted massively on how FL has had to set up that along with Reece James being out injured hasn’t helped.Add to that CHO will be fit after the International break then the squad will have far more depth.
Norwich played really well going forward, they caused Liverpool all sorts of problems and destroyed Newcastle Ok they may well struggle but at this point in time they haven’t done badly
FL is finding his feet and it’s far too early to dismiss as you are doing as for league position Chelsea are equal on points with the 5th placed team. I think things will change once the likes of Mount and Abraham realise that they are PL players and going back to Reece James I personally think he when fit will become a regular starter.
We will see.of course its too early to dismiss anybody...just like its too early to predict anybody will be any good this season?
Close thread?

How can anyone even consider Leicester, they just lost the worlds most expensive defender, a class act like that will be totally irreplaceable, it's no wonder he wanted to leave them for a top 6 club...

It's the top 6 for a reason.
Until the end of this season and it might me the top 13 .
Go on olly lad

I dont understand how he gets in over Rylan to be honest.

His style suits Lampard's preferred football better than Giroud. He has scored 60 goals in his career so far, albeit at a lower level, so it would be daft to suggest he doesn't have what it takes without at least being given the opportunity to play.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.