Last edited:
1.To kill a mockingbird
2.Dr strangelove
3.The man who knew too much
4.Paths of glory
5.Citizen Kane

He has produced some classics

Yes he did.

After the first three films on my list, there were plenty of contenders for the remaining two spots. Many of the films listed by people on this thread fall into the category of movies that I can happily watch time and again - some great movies that I love and admire don't necessarily fall into that category but several of John Carpenter's do. I went with Halloween but Precinct 13 (which I originally saw in a double bill with Halloween), Escape From NY and The Fog are always welcome visitors to my TV screen.

Love Heat, Michael Mann was/is so talented, but Papillon was an odd one - I’d read and loved the book first so the film never quite rang true after that.

Heat very nearly made my list. Epic movie. Mann has great style and De Niro and Pacino are two of my favourite actors but I already had a big dose of them atop the list.

The other great stylist that I was extremely tempted to include was Ridley Scott but hard to choose between Alien and Blade Runner, so I didn't...

Live and Let Die
Every Which Way But Loose
Smokie and The Bandit
The Ladykillers
Freebie and the Bean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.